𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

HAILE MICHELLE LYNNATL, GA

HAILE MICHELLE LYNN
ATL, GA.

I blink once. then twice. I stare at the two red lines on both of the pregnancy tests, disbelief yet excitement coursing through my veins.

Everything made sense now. Getting aggravated easily, craving weird food combinations, sensitive to smell, morning sickness, etc. it all made sense.

It was an out of body experience, but everything was real in this moment. My heart pounding in my chest, my eyes watering because of a little life growing inside my body. It was beautiful.

" Baby? You okay in there?" Aunt Amalia questions, knocking on the door softly. I don't answer, instead I open the door with a distraught look on my face.

Nino stood there beside my aunt, his expression filled with worry and confusion. " What is it? What's wrong?"

I exhaled sharply, " I'm pregnant."

" You What?!" I hear Javon nearly scream from the living room. Nino, on the other hand, had the biggest grin pulling at lips. " You serious?"

I grab one of the test and give it to him, pointing at the two lines. " See,"

His hands trembled as he took it, his eyes watering just as mine were. " Ima be a father." He whispered, looking to Aunt Amalia who smiled.

I nodded, sniffling as tears rolled down my cheeks. " Y-Yes, you are."

" Yes! Yes!" He yells in excitement, snatching me in his hold and embracing me. " Thank you Jesus! Thank you Jesus fa this blessing, man! Forreal!" He praises, pecking my temple over and over again.

Nino quickly let's go of me, kneeling down in front of my belly. He kisses my stomach softly, " I can't wait to meet you,"

" S-Stop your gonna make me c-cry again," I hiccuped, covering my face embarrassingly. Aunt Amalia leaned against me, kissing my cheek. " Congratulations sweetie,"

Nino stands up quickly, patting down his jeans. " Damn I gotta go to the mall,"

I scrunched up my nose as I laugh at his excitement. " The mall?"

He nodded his head, " Yeah the mall, my son gon be iced out wit all the shoes, clothes, and jewelry he want."

I raise a brow, " You think it's a boy?"

Nino smacks his lips as he leans against the wall. " Star I know it's a boy, come on na."

Aunt Amalia hummed, tucking a strand of my locs behind my ear. " Well, whatever the gender of the baby is, let us pray that the baby is healthy."