Chapter 44: Captivity

Start from the beginning

"You can't keep me locked up forever," I defiantly replied, my voice laced with a glimmer of hope.

"Oh, you think your prince charming will come and save you? How pitiful," he scoffed, his words dripping with cruel amusement. "Even if he did somehow manage to find our location, he'd be dead before he steps foot inside this place."

Suddenly, screams pierced through the walls from outside the room, signaling the arrival of chaos. Moments later, the door swung open, revealing several men forcefully holding Skylar, her body wriggling in a desperate attempt to break free.

"Sir, sorry it took too long. We managed to get her," one of the men reported, tossing Skylar callously to the ground before Ethan. He peered down at her, a twisted smile playing on his lips.

"So, this is Zack's new girl, huh? How beautiful," Ethan remarked, his tone laced with a sick fascination. "I thought he didn't have a type, but I'm starting to get a sense of the kind he's into."

"Skylar!" I called out, a mixture of relief and concern flooding my voice.

"Amanda!" she cried, rushing toward me, her tears streaming down her face.

She reached me, her trembling hands clutching onto mine, seeking solace in our shared terror.

"Skylar," I choked out, my voice filled with guilt. "I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry."

She held me tightly, her grip shaky but comforting. "Amanda, I'm so scared. I don't want to die," she confessed, her voice trembling with fear.

And in that moment, fear consumed me too. Why did he kidnap Skylar?, what was that psychopath planning?
----

"Your cheek is swollen. Did he hit you?" Skylar asked, concern evident in her voice as she examined my cheek.

"He slapped me," I replied, my voice filled with a mixture of pain and anger.

Skylar paused, her expression reflecting a mix of emotions.

"Do you think Zack and Hunter will manage to find us?" she asked, her voice filled with a glimmer of hope.

"Honestly, I have no idea. Ethan seems to be a master of disguise. Even before, with their father, he pulled the strings without anyone knowing about his involvement until he chose to reveal it. We're outnumbered here, and from what Ethan hinted at, this place is heavily guarded. Escape would be next to impossible," I explained, my voice tinged with frustration.

"But we can't just sit here waiting for our death. We have to try," Skylar insisted.

"Don't worry, we'll find a way out eventually or at least signal for help. My immediate concern is Ethan's plans. I know he's planning something truly terrible,I'm also worried about my baby. What will happen if he finds out " I confessed, my hand instinctively resting on my lower abdomen.

Skylar wiped away my tears and offered me a comforting smile.

"There's still hope. You won't have a noticeable baby bump until your third or fourth month, and I doubt Hunter can stay away from you for that long," she reassured me.

"I'm not happy that you got dragged into this, but I'm glad I have someone with me right now. I don't know what I would have done if I were alone through this," I admitted, gratitude filling my voice.

She hugged me, her presence offering solace in the midst of chaos.

"Me too, I'm glad I'm not alone right now," she replied, her voice filled with sincerity.

Just as we found a moment of respite in each other's company, an all-too-familiar voice shattered the fragile peace.

"Well, well, well, isn't this a lovely sight? It warms my heart," the voice sneered.