"I know. I will pay you this entire shift's wage. Just go home!" He said, basically pushing me out.

"...Alright." I said, knowing that there was no changing his mind.

I walked back home, making my way through the dark streets. Suddenly, my mind was starting to get filled with guilt.

I didn't even thank Minho.

I mean, he did stand for me, and went as far as hitting someone just for me. No one ever did that.

And yet, instead of thanking him I fought with him.

Wow Iseul. Someone should learn maintaining friendships from you.

I scoffed at myself. I was unbelievable.

As I let my thoughts wander, other things started worrying me out.

I knew I had to go ask the landlord for a little more time. I needed it to be able to pay off the overdue rent. There was no other way than begging him for more time.

Things would get real messy if we get kicked out of that place. My future was at stake.

With a sigh, I entered my house, locking the door behind me.

I was going to go to the landlord's place tomorrow, and hope that he would agree to give me just few more weeks.

***

The next day, when I sat at my usual seat, Minho refused to talk to me.

It was just like last time. But back then, I wasn't used to his presence like now.

So, deciding to swallow my stubbornness, I went to apologise to him.

"Minho?" I asked slowly as we were going towards the cafeteria.

"Hm?" He hummed, not even bothering to look at me.

"I-I wanted to apologise. For yesterday." I started, unconsciously biting my lips.

At that, he paused to turn to look at me.

"You know what Iseul? I'm not even mad at you about that. And I actually understood your situation." He said, shaking his head. "You know what I'm actually disappointed about?"

He looked at me, waiting for me to say something. But I had no idea where he was getting at.

"The fact that you lied to us." He said.

And that was like a real punch in the gut for me.

"I'm... I'm sorry." I mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

"I told you that I'd be with you. Then why did you get all distant in the last week and lied to us?" He said, sounding hurt.

I really had nothing to say to that. I knew I had lied, and he knew too.

I looked down at my shoes, feeling upset at myself. But it's not like I could tell him.

Or could I?

What was the right choice? What was I supposed to do? How many things am I supposed to pay attention to?

There's only so much a person can do.

"I..." My voice trailed off.

"Nevermind about that. Let's go eat, the others are probably waiting for us." He said, sensing my inability to speak.

Then, walking ahead of me, he signalled me to come to the cafeteria with him.

It's barely been a week since we got close. Why was I starting to hurt him already?