Chapter 23 - Return

Day 16

It has been 16 days since Wu Xie has returned to the Wu's mansion. From the first day until now, he has been sleeping in Zhang Qiling's room instead of his own. Every passing day and night, Wu Xie would sit and wait in the mansion's main hall. Sometimes, he would also pace back and forth between the gate and the hall. If he happens to be at the gate when Zhang Qiling returns, it will save him about 30 seconds compared to waiting inside the mansion. However, the person he wants to meet has yet to show up.

'Did Xiao Ge ... no, impossible. He's just busy with something. He'll be back.'

'Is Xiao Ge lost? He might not remember the address ... should I put up signs like Wu Xie's house is this way ...?'

'Maybe I should report a case of missing person ... maybe the police can help locate Xiao Ge.'

'How about missing person flyers? I can give up reward for anyone can bring back Xiao Ge.'

Everyday Wu Xie will contemplate on the possibilities of the events that Zhang Qiling may occur or some things that he can do to bring the person back.

'I should go back and wait at the forest entrance.' Wu Xie decides and about to go pack his bag when he gets stop by Fatty.

"Stop thinking so much and wait right here Tianzhen! If I didn't know who Xiao Ge is, I might have thought that you're worried about your wife! Geez!" Fatty has been keeping quiet for a while now. "By the way, has your antique shop change ownership to Wang Meng?"

"Of course not, but I don't have time, so I let him manage it. Hasn't it always been like this. More importantly, don't you see I need to wait for Xiao Ge's return?" Wu Xie explains about his necessity.

"That doesn't sound like a reason. You have so many people in your house. I've been waiting for you to go and that I can tag along. Now that you're free, let's go to your shop. There are many things that we got from the tomb which would undoubtedly surprise Wang Meng and the customers!" Fatty is not waiting anymore and drags the reluctant Wu Xie away with him.

"No! Noooooo ... stop!" Wu Xie tries his very best to struggle but once Fatty is serious, there is no way for the skinny Wu Xie to fight in any way.

Due to Wu Xie's antique shop having been closed for 2 weeks, many customers drop by as well. Some came to chat; some came to buy things. But all in all, the shop owner is somewhat in a daze for most of the time.

"What happened to the young master?" Wang Meng gossiping with Fatty not too far away.

"Waiting for his wife." Fatty jokes.

"Huh? Didn't you guys go tomb raiding? Did he pick one up on the way or a corpse bride?" Wang Meng innocently probes.

"Wait, no. That's not right." Fatty just realizes that he may have made a mistake on the matter as he further imagines the scene. "He should be waiting for his husband. There's no way Tianzhen can push Xiao Ge down."

'Uh ... were you listening to me at all?' Wang Meng wonders inwardly.

----------------------

In the evening when the shop finally close, Wu Xie doesn't waste time dallying and instantly rushes home. Although, he already called home to check if Zhang Qiling came back during the time that he was out or not, he still hurries all the way.

Just as he was about the step through the gate of his house, he feels something and looks towards the dark road. He did not see anything, but something tells him that he should go down that road. Before he can decide whether to go or not, his body has already walk to the unknown destination.

Normally, there is nothing on this road. Only the row of houses on one side and a small man-made canal on the other side. And the light is sparsely lined up, thus some area will be bright while some are dark. Wu Xie walks on for a bit and suddenly pauses his step. Looking ahead, he finds a familiar figure in black clothing standing in the dark area. Usually, Wu Xie would not be quick to notice something like this, but now he is starring intently at the figure. After a few seconds, he strides forward without any hesitation and jumps on the person upon arrival.

"Zhang Qiling! You still know to come back, huh?" Wu Xie complains with his muffled voice since his whole face is buried in the crook of the other person's neck.

"Mmm." A simple answer.

'I didn't think I could find my way back to you. I even thought that I would die in the tomb back there, but I can't seem to let you go and desperately come all the way here.' Zhang Qiling thinks back on the time that he decided to hold the zombies so that everyone can return safely. He didn't mind being left behind since it was something that has happened before. Yet, when thinking that he will not see Wu Xie again, he finds that some parts of him were unwilling. With many difficulties, he manages to find his way and now the person he wants to see is right in his arms.

The two people that has not seen each other for more than 2 weeks remain hugging in the middle of the dark road ... until someone clears his throat.

"Ahem."

Upon hearing the sound, Wu Xie looks up at Zhang Qiling. Not saying anything, but his expression clearly asks 'What's wrong? Can't I hug you like this?'

"Ahemmm." The sound occurs again.

Strangely, it did not seem to come from Zhang Qiling who is looking straight at him before glancing to the side. Wu Xie follows the shifted line of sight and sees a familiar face standing under the streetlight.

The originator of the is Wu SanXing who just returns from his business and happens to be passing through this road. He also notices Zhang Qiling at that time but before he can call out, he saw his beloved nephew running from afar then jumped on the other man.

'He's probably glad that Zhang Qiling made it out alive and manage to come back safely.' Wu SanXing tells himself as he watches from afar and slowly approaches. However, he has arrived at their side for a while, but the people hugging one another did not seem to pay him any attention as if he did not exist at all. In the end, he concludes that no one paid attention to him, Wu SanXing declares his existence!

"Oh, it's Third Uncle." Wu Xie is surprised to find him here. "Did you just get back?"

"............." His beloved nephew did not feel his presence at all, Wu SanXing can only gnash his teeth and attempts to put in some sense into this nephew. "I've been here for awhile ... so how long are you going to hug in the middle of the street like this?"

"Right! Come on, Xiao Ge let's go home. You need to tell me everything that happened back there, and you can't leave out any details." Wu Xie realizes that he should first bring Zhang Qiling back before doing anything. Otherwise, they will be interrupt by other people, just like how Wu SanXing did just now. Hence, Wu Xie is totally oblivious to his uncle's intention.

With Wu SanXing's reminder, Wu Xie drags Zhang Qiling back home, leaving the dumbfound uncle right at the same spot.

'Wait! You were supposed to be ashamed and let me scold you a bit.' Wu SanXing broods over the unexpected turn of event.

----------------------

In the bathroom ...

Zhang Qiling has just taken off his shirt when the door open and Wu Xie walks in naturally.

".............." Zhang Qiling is wondering why this person is here at this time.

And as if Wu Xie can understand the unspoken question, he explains the reason behind his presence. "I'm here to help you wash and specially to check if there is any wound or injury on you!"

"............." Zhang Qiling has no words for such sounded reasoning.

**************

A/N

Xiao Ge is back!

Time for sweet stuff ...