Chapter 7 - Deal

"Wu Xie! You little rascal, come out this instance!" Wu SanXing hollers in front of Wu Xie's room, the moment he has learned about what this little nephew of his has done when he was not at home just for a single day.

Without waiting for the reply, he barges right in. The lock has no use since Wu SanXing has the master key to all the rooms anyway.

"Uncle Three, if you're going to charge right in, why did you ask me to come out in the first place?" Wu Xie asks as the matter of fact regarding the previous demand.

"Don't try to distract me!" Wu SanXing knows what his nephew is attempting but he won't fall for it. He has come prepared! "What is the meaning of this?"

"What do you mean?" Wu Xie asks innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me! Why did you have Zhang Qiling move next room? I haven't decided whether what to do with him yet. But now that you have moved him here, what would he think if I tell him to move out!?!?!?!?!?" Wu SanXing begins with a roar, but his voice gradually softens into a whisper of complaint when he recalled that Zhang Qiling is right next door.

"Uncle Three, how can we turn our backs at someone who doesn't remember who he is and doesn't have a home to return to? We are good citizen of this country; we should be good to our brother that needs our help!" Wu Xie recites his script to the perfect. Since he's sure that his uncle is going to seek him out, so he has prepared the necessary speech.

"......" Wu SanXing's mouth open and close a few times but cannot come up with anything to refute this.

"Xiao-ge already suffered so much. I just couldn't bare to see him wonder around aimlessly." Wu Xie really thinks like this from the bottom of his heart.

"But what if trouble comes knocking?" Wu SanXing is rather worried about the mysterious organization that Zhang Qiling has escaped from. No one know who they are and what those people would do if they were to know that Zhang Qiling is at the Wu's mansion.

'What he said is very true ... there's no telling if anyone would hunt me down.' Zhang Qiling agrees with the conversation that is going on in the room next door. It's not that he's eavesdropping or anything ... it's just that he's hearing is good, and the volume of their conversation wasn't exactly low.

"If those people really do come, we just need the police to handle them! They were secretly experimenting with real live people. Thus, they are probably bad people, and we should protect Xiao-ge and don't let him fall into their hands again!" Logically, Wu Xie's train of thought is not wrong. If people are doing good things, they would not need to hide it away deep in the mountains and forests.

However, the last sentence from Wu Xie has made the mute Zhang Qiling speechless and his mind also blanks out. Never would he have thought that someone wants to protect him.

'Isn't he too cute ... cough, cough ... I mean too naive for this kind of thing?' Zhang Qiling took some time to come up with this question. Although, he even needs to cough at his own initial thought of how to describe Wu Xie.

"You, who can't even kill a chicken, is going to protect that seemingly stronger Zhang Qiling?" This honest question from Wu SanXing can poke right at his nephew's sore spot.

"Pfft." Zhang Qiling silently slips up a small chuckle despite being alone in the next room in which the uncle-nephew pair would not hear anyway. It is just too bad that he couldn't see through the wall because he wants to see the expression on Wu Xie's face. But he can still anticipate the answer.

'This evil uncle! How can he poke where it hurt the most!?!?!?!?!' Wu Xie roars in his mind for fear that his uncle would chew him alive by calling him evil. Although, he didn't say anything at the moment but the expression on Wu Xie's face has pretty much betray his inner thoughts.