Chapter 3 - Rescue

At the scene, everyone is surprised.

The 2 strangers were shocked right on the spot when someone suddenly pops out from behind a tree. In normal circumstances, they should have been able to tell the presence of others at this not too far range. However, both of them were too injured at this time.

Wu Xie wasn't too surprised when the strangers came closer and he noticed them being injured since there was an explosion. When observing through the night vision, he could see one of them were a sunglass in the middle of the night with his body and cloth that looked like a hospital gown covered in something. Then he looked at the other person that's being half carried. The person had something covered half his face and his clothes were covered with something as well. After a brief contemplation, Wu Xie figured that these people were injured and the something staining their bodies and clothes are most likely blood. When he looked at the person with his face have covered by blood, that person seemed to have glanced in Wu Xie's direction as well and giving him the illusion that their eyes somehow met. As a result, some unknown force has pushed Wu Xie to jumped out and truly came face to face with the person.

The rest of Wu Xie's companion almost had a heart attack when Wu Xie revealed his presence to the other side that they have no knowledge of.

'What is he doing?' The other 4 people with Wu Xie had the same question going through their minds as they remain frozen where they are.

"You're injured." Wu Xie speaks up after having a staring contest with the 2 strangers. To be more precise, after a staring contest with the one without the sunglass.

"Who are you?" The one with the sunglass asks wearily as he's also injured but could still manage things accordingly.

"I'm not with those people. I just came here to camp with my friends and uncles. We heard the explosion and came to check what happened." Wu Xie answers while signaling for everyone to show themselves and prove their sincerity just like he has claimed them to be.

"I'm sure you don't want trouble and I definitely don't so ... just move aside." Hei Ye tells the strangers in front of him since he couldn't entirely trust these people yet. He couldn't accurately distinguished if they're just pretending or they're really not involved. In any case, it was better for him and Zhang QiLing to avoid people and get away.

"But this brother seems very injured." Wu Xie couldn't bear to see the other person soaked in blood go. He's too worried that the person might not make it out of the mountain alive in his current state. Therefore, he's going to be persistent until the end.

Everyone could feel Wu Xie's sincerity from just his words including the strangers in front of him. This is his true character. Wu Xie is a person with an innocent and pure heart. In today's society, he's a rare gem.

While both sides haven't decided, Zhang QiLing suddenly coughs out a mouthful of blood in which Wu Xie literally flew forward before anyone could stop him.

"Mute Zhang!" Hei Ye shouts as the man next to him is losing strength and consciousness due to too much blood loss. He could only place him down on the ground.

"Go." Zhang QiLing tells the chatterbox Hei Ye. Just a single word and Hei Ye could already understand his intention behind it – leave me here and save yourself.

"Can't do that." Hei Qi blatantly replies. "Who will listen to my nonsense rambling if I leave you here?"

At the same time, Wu Xie has reached the spot where Hei Ye and Zhang QiLing are while the others are right behind him. However, Hei Ye is still on guard against them.

"Wu Xie, you want to save him no matter what, right?" Xiao Hua asks out of the blue in which he gets a nod of affirmation. "Fatty!"

Without further ado, Xiao Hua charges straight for Hei Ye and attacking him with several moves to get the injured Zhang QiLing out of his hold. Fatty, who somehow ended up as a temporary sidekick, along with Wu Xie promptly step forward to catch the severely injured person. In the meantime, the 2 uncles who were going to stop them from this reckless act could only watch since all of these happened too fast.

In the end, Fatty carried Zhang QiLing on his back with Wu Xie beside him to leave this dangerous area heading towards the small creek located quite a distance from the current location. On the other side, Xiao Hua, Xie LianHuan and Wu SanXing had to team up to reprimand Hei Ye who's also injured but still could hold up a fierce fight. It took some time, but they were finally able to stop and tie him up. Then drag him along.

"Tianzhen, how could you just jump out to save these people? What if they're fugitives? And we might be their target?" Fatty whispers to Wu Xie who's beside him but constantly checking the man on Fatty's back.

"Well, I don't think that fugitives would be wearing hospital gown and get themselves almost killed for that purpose." Wu Xie has noticed the clothes the strangers were wearing despite them being drenched in blood.

When reaching the creek, Hei Ye was tied up with a tree to prevent him doing anything. While the rest surround Zhang QiLing and check the wounds. The major wounds are at the abdominal

area which has a bullet stuck in the lower left and a wide stab on the upper right. Another serious wound is on his head which bleed so much that his right vision became red due to the blood soaking his sight.

Luckily, Wu SanXing and Xie LianHuan had some basic first aid practice, they could slowly down the seriousness of the wounds while Xiao Hua calls for back up team to come pick them up and bringing along a medical team.

Somehow the supposedly hiking and camping trip turned out to be a rescue mission. Just that they have no idea who they are rescuing and from what.

--------------------------

Wu Mansion

"Well, that's the story of me and mute Zhang since the moment I've met him. As for the time before my arrival, you're gonna need to ask him because I also don't know. But even if I did know, it's not my place to say them." Hei Ye has told the story of the incident from the start to the group of people that have helped him and Zhang QiLing. Along the way, he has observed and reached a conclusion that these people are good citizens and have nothing to do with whoever has kidnapped and experimented on him. That's why he decided to tell them.

After listening to Hei Ye, the questions that Wu Xie's group initially have were pretty much answered. It was indeed an illegal and worse than that is the inhumane activities conducted in such hidden place.

However, it isn't good to entirely trusts strangers. Therefore, Xiao Hua suggests that he'll take this Hei Ye back to the Xie's mansion while Zhang QiLing would remain at the Wu's mansion since it isn't nice to move the severely injured person who hasn't even regained his consciousness. The purpose of this is to have Wu SanXing and the rest to interrogate Zhang QiLing and verify if the story from both people is in line with one another. Although, it doesn't really rule out the possibilities of them arranging this beforehand, but at least, it's still better than blindly believing them.

"Where are you taking me?" Hei Ye shrieks as he's being dragged out of the Wu's mansion by Xie LianHuan and while calling for help, the last word he could make out is somewhat slurs. "Mute Zhang! Help me! Mute Zhaaaaaaannnngggg."

Since Hei Ye was being too noisy, Xiao Hua picks up a needle to inject anesthesia when he was busy shouting. With this, Hei Ye soon loss his consciousness then slumps on Xie LianHuan who looking at his nephew in disbelief and getting a shrug back.

'How can Xiao Hua be so vulgar?' Xie LianHuan asks in his mind while half carrying Hei Ye.

When all the distractions have left, Wu Xie breathe a sigh of relief. Initially, he thought that Xiao Hua was going to take these people away which caused him to slightly frown. But when he said he was only going to take Hei Ye only, Wu Xie's heart returns to the fluffy state and goes back to the nursing routine.

*****************

A/N

PingXie finally meet ... and Wu Xie attracted by Xiao Ge with just one look!