86| Tell Me (No) Lies

Start from the beginning

"Hi," Jisoo said breathlessly when she opened the door. A wall of fresh, sweet-smelling colourful flowers greeted her, freezing Jisoo on the spot in surprise.

"Jendeuk?" Jisoo giggled after regaining her wits. An answering chuckle sounded out. Jennie's head popped out from amongst the blooms.

"Sorry. Too much? I couldn't decide which to get so I got them all. They're all the colours and I thought they looked pretty."

"Is this why you couldn't make it this morning?" Jisoo said, secretly melting at the gesture as she stepped aside to let Jennie in.

"Why? Miss me?" Jennie winked, handing Jisoo her flowers.

"Of course," Jisoo said immediately, pouting for good measure. "You said you were going to be here." She sniffed the flowers deeply, enjoying the soft petals that brushed her cheek like delicate caresses.

"I know Chu," Jennie said apologetically, "but I just had a couple ideas and I had to....look, let me show you. Better put the flowers down."

"Huh?" Jisoo frowned.

"Hey Chanyeol let him go. Here ahjussi, come here!" Jennie called over her shoulder.

Jisoo gasped then squealed in delight when a familiar white Maltese dog came scampering down the hallway, right into her waiting arms.

"Dalgomie! Oh my gosh, Dalgom! I missed you so much! You're okay!" 

Judging by the enthusiastic licks and ecstatic whimpers, Dalgom had missed her just as much as he attempted to climb all over her, almost bowling Jisoo over. Reunited with her dog, Jisoo lifted him in her arms and cuddled him close as he wagged his stumpy tail.

"Jen, you took care of him. Oh, he smells good too," Jisoo said, feeling her eyes water. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

She thought her heart was going to burst out of adoration for her girlfriend.

Girlfriend. They were still girlfriends right? Jennie said as much, and called her 'jagiya' too.

"Thank Seulgi and Irene, they've been taking care of Rosé's cats too while Rosé and I have been running around like headless chickens. But of course I couldn't forget about Dalgom, he's like our son to me," Jennie finished quietly.

She cleared her throat when Jisoo's eyes widened at her words. "I checked in with Irene this morning, they seem to be doing okay so there's that at least. They said hi."

"Jen! You're finally here," Rosé smiled. She cocked an eyebrow upon seeing the flowers and Dalgom in Jisoo's arms. "Is this where you ran off to this morning then?"

Jennie chuckled sheepishly. "I'm sorry for startling you guys but I just needed to move a few things. Hey Chanyeol, you know you can come out now right?"

"Didn't want to interrupt any heartfelt moments," Chanyeol called, rounding the corner. He was laden with bags and boxes. Rosé immediately rushed to help him, even as he shook his head to decline.

"I'm fine really, most of these bags are light. They're clothes and plushies. Careful with that box, that's the monitor."

"Clothes and plushies? Monitor?" Jisoo slowly turned to Jennie, who was shuffling her feet.

"I'm sorry if I'm overstepping a line," Jennie said quietly, "but I thought maybe you'd feel better having familiar things around, like some plushies from the plush room, and your clothes, and Dalgom, and your gaming setup. I can still remember the PIN code to your apartment so I thought I...I wanted to surprise you. Is that okay?"

Immediately, Jisoo tamped down on her anxiety to focus instead on the sweet gesture as Jennie watched her worriedly.

"Thanks Jen, that's...really sweet," she said at last, hoping it sounded sincere. Rosé glanced in between them, then put down the bags.