Chapter 56 - Secrets Unfold

"I'm proud of you, Ashy-boy. You look nice."

"Feels like this tie is suffocating me."

Ash was grumbling out his complaints, adjusting his black tie in the mirror. He pulled down on his black blazer and tugged on the white shirt. Wearing ties was such a hassle. Yeah, he looked good, but his neck felt hot, or maybe he was just a little nervous.

No. He's nothing of that sort.

"I should've gone to her room," Ash continued.

Gary laughed, patting his friend's back. "The girls are gonna be here any minute. Too late for that."

Ash shook his head, trying to ignore Gary's eager, yet smug looking face. He was absolutely smitten with Misty. Not that Ash really had any room to talk.

A voice came from the other side with knuckles hitting against the door a few times in the process. "Surely you boys aren't taking longer than us ladies did to get dressed!"

Gary grinned at the familiar voice being Misty's before heading to turn the knob for their dates. "As I was saying?"

"About time." Misty placed her hand on her hip as she raised her brow at her boyfriend. Suddenly, she went up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck for a hug. "I hope this isn't too much?"

It was a long, orange dress with an open slit by her thigh, but all around fitted nicely on her. Besides her regular hair up in a ponytail, she decided on having her medium length shown down to her neck. Her look was finished off with some little earrings and high heels.

"Not at all, Mist. It can never be too much." Gary smiled, stepping back to look at her. She wasn't one normally for too much physical affection in front of people, so instead of a kiss on the lips, he gave a sweet one on her forehead. "You'd wash everybody on the floor."

Right behind Misty, Serena stepped into Ash's vision. He froze, his thumb hooked still around his cuff link. Her dress was baby pink and different from the one she wore to the homecoming dance. This was shorter and her straps hung low on her arms. The front stopped just above her upper area. It fitted her perfectly and her thighs were too distracting. Her honey blonde hair was wavier, put back into a ponytail with two stands pulled out on each side of her head. She wore her heels, lip gloss shining, and lastly, some earrings.

She was indescribable. A single compliment wouldn't do her enough justice.

Serena walked over to Ash. She eyed him and the chuckle that came out confused him, but that changed when her hands moved to his tie. She fixed him up and held onto the material, pulling him gently to her face. He was bent closer to her and his worries closed off when she kissed him soundlessly.

"Hello, handsome." She breathed on his lips.

"You're a damn tease," Ash huffed, lifting himself upright. "But a beautiful one."

Serena moved her thumb across his lips, wiping the excess gloss on them. Then she slid her finger down his chest, keeping it there. "I'm glad you're aware."

Ash shook his head, taking her hand in his. "Lets get to the dance, yeah?"

"Hold it, Ketchum." Misty called, pulling a small bottle of vodka from her pocket. "We're doing shots before we go."

Gary smirked, pulling down some glasses from on top of his dresser. "I like the way you think, Mist."

Ash grunted and snatched one from Gary. "Get this mess out the way, so we can move."

"To a tolerable winter formal," Misty said and the group clinked their shots together, tossing them back.

Serena swallowed whole and placed her glass down as she shook her head. "God, that's one taste I'll never be used to."