Chapter 11 - Heated Dance

Ash wasn't fond of a packed area like this and this dance was his own personal nightmare. He groaned, eye twitching as he looked out at the mass of people. Suddenly, he forget why he agreed to this.

"Lets head onto the floor with the guys," Gary said, trying to tug onto his stubborn friend's jacket.

"Hell no, you can," he stated simply. "I'm staying right here." He flopped his back against the wall, huffing out an annoyed breath. There was no way he was going into that giant flock of people. He could be at peace right now on the court or in a gym, but no.

Gary sighed in defeat. "You do you." He waved and hurried towards Brock and Paul. He was surprised to see his rival turned teammate here as well. Paul wasn't a much of a people person, crowd person, dance person, you name it.

He stood against the wall, pursing his lips, still wondering why he came. Right now, he was equally annoyed and bored, even being decently intoxicated.

Then he saw her. The one he needed he thoughts away from; his dance teacher, Serena. She was dancing in the middle of the floor with a group of people, most of whom he didn't recognize. Even if he did, he had no idea what their names were.

She had on a pretty dress, dark pink with red, and black tights under, and when she twirled, the skirt swooshed around her legs which give him a rather nice view.

She was gorgeous. Incredibly gorgeous. Now he was back to thinking about her. She was moving her hips and swaying side to side. It wasn't anything like he'd seen her dance before. It was far more casual, though her movements were so precise. He swallowed, hating how good he thought she looked.

Then, he saw his friend Clemont dancing together.

The two were dancing in a very close proximity, though Ash wouldn't have labeled it as 'together'. Still, it was far closer than he would've liked to see. Whatever this was. Jealously because she's his partner or it was seeing a close friend of his doing such acts with her.

Before he could stop himself, he stormed over, gently wrapping his hand around her wrist. "Serena."

"Who-" she gasped, turning to face the person who literally grabbed her attention. Her eyes were wide, cheeks flushing. "Ash?"

"C'mon," he urged, tugging her away from her friends.

He looked back to see Clemont smiling at them— no, grinning. He did that on purpose, waiting for him to see. One thing Ash knew, he was going to have a mouth full to say during their next tutoring session. He playfully stuck his middle finger up on him, continuing to take Serena away.

"Where are we- would you wait?" She snapped, walking towards him quickly. "What the hell, Ash?"

"I'm your partner, right? We should be dancing together," he said, the fire in his eyes cooling down. "Look, I'm sorry. I just thought partners dance together."

"Partner?" She tried to process what was going on and how he was there. "I'm teaching you, yes, but I-"

"Well, you don't have anyone else from what I've heard. I don't get it since you're so good at this."

She froze and blushed, her gaze turning downwards. "Not really?" She admitted.

"Right." He didn't believe it. "So we're dancing. That's what you like to do." He stood in front of her awkwardly, unsure of where to put his hands. He couldn't start doing the waltz at a school dance.

"I was dancing with my friends, but if you want to dance, we can dance," she teased him, glancing back towards her group briefly. She guided his hands to her waist. "But this is a little different than the waltz."