Chapter 7 - Challenge

This punishment was driving Ash completely up a wall. The "tutoring" session wasn't add bad, reason being his friend was who watched over him, and made it a study hall. However, those dance lessons that he had once had a thought that it would be easy to get out of it, but hell, he's stuck. Now, she was threatening to report him and trying to get him to change his pants.

He was walking away from the dance studio, feet going over the mud. He really hoped Gary didn't say anything when he got back to their room that would make him see the hell gates. His fist was all he needed and if anything, could release some tension.

The dance lesson had been hellish. It was boring and easy, and it didn't sit right with him about her saying all these things he needed to work on. What more could was there? He kept the rhythm and he was even doing a pretty decent job leading. He hadn't fallen either despite what she had said about his damn pants which, as far as he was concerned, were fine. He wasn't going to buy shoes, pants, nothing. There was no need to spend money on something he wouldn't be continuing.

He gripped the handles on his backpack as he continued the walk back towards his dorm. The dance lessons weren't fun, but they were better than sitting in a quiet library with an old lady on his ass every five seconds for not starving himself to death. He didn't enjoy either, but if he had to choose, he'd say dancing was better since he actually got to move.

Serena was nice to look at as well or so he had thought when she had walked across the floor to turn on the music. She had a fine, curvy body with her ass tight in her dance pants. He would've been an idiot to not stare at least a little bit when she moved away from him. Still, didn't change that it certainly wasn't going to change how much he tried during the lessons.

She had threatened him enough during this lesson though for him to know she was serious about reporting him if he didn't at least pretend to try. He had done an okay job of getting passed that obstacle, it seemed.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't ol' twinkle toes!" Gary said when Ash swung the door open. "What's up, Ashy-boy?"

"Don't start the bullshit already, man," he said, dropping his bag by the door and kicked off his shoes. He moved to his bed and flopped down on it. He had been hoping Gary would be off at dinner, but it was just his luck to see the spikey, brown haired sitting at his desk to study.

"Oh, c'mon," he whined, attempting to push it. "How was it?"

"What do you think? I'm just about over it." He groaned into his pillow. "She threatened to report me if I didn't listen to her. I don't know what was up with her today."

Gary glanced away for a minute, rubbing the back of his neck. "I know it's hell, but just deal it for now." He sighed, twisting in his chair to look at his long-time friend. "We want you to come to practice again! The guys miss you on the court."

"Yeah, yeah."

Ash missed practice just as much. Dancing was supposed to be some calming thing, but all it had done was made him more annoyed. Not getting to play basketball wasn't fun. It was something that got him to show out. He was the point guard for the team, the coach on the court. He felt more free in doing what he loved than any other sport.

He'd discovered basketball early on in elementary school when he grabbed the ball in his hand and started dribbling. Working hard to teach the top, no other sport made him feel the same.

"It's not like I chose to do this."

"We get that," Gary says, understanding how he feels. "Just saying you're missed. It's damn quiet without you. We need our guy back."

Ash found that hard to believe. Gary wasn't a quiet person and neither was Brock. The whole team had their chaotic moments. Sure, he was usually the loudest of them, but he also wasn't the only loud one.