-

We arrive in the Amazon. A place that became like a home to me for so long, that owns a piece of my heart as well as my soul. We reach the village, where everyone is working peacefully together. Sprite goes up to one of the men working and asks if he has seen Druig before he suddenly gets taken over and Druig's vouch comes from the man's mouth. "Hello Sprite." he says before a set of doors a little further away spring open to reveal him.

My breath is caught in my throat at the sight of him and I have to restrain myself from launching myself at him. Druig gives us a cocky smirk "I missed all of you." He says before shooting me a wink "Please, make yourselves at home." He then motions for us to join him in the building he just left. On the way in, he stops me and tilts my chin so I look up at him "I missed you." he says quietly, I batter my eyelashes at him "I missed you too." I say before our lips connect. Just as the kiss starts to deepen someone clears their throat, we pull away and Sprite is standing in the doorway.

"Can you two make out later" She asks, looking at us in disgust. we follow her silently into the building. Druig settles facing all of us and I sit with Thena and Gilgamesh before Sersi starts explaining everything. When she is done Druig finally says "You've given me a lot of bad news in one go my lady." I try to not to smile at how casual he is about the whole situation as Sersi asks "Will you help us?" He stares at each of us for a moment, his eye lingering on me before he replies "I am glad that..." But then is cut off by Sersi's phone ringing.

Kingo leans over and tries to whisper "What's your service? I'm not getting any bars." I hear gently snoring from beside me and see that Gil is asleep. Thena and I share a look before she nudges him awake. "Do you all remember this forest?" Druig asks drawing the attention back to him "Beautiful. It's the last place we all lived together. I've protected these people for 20 generations now from the outside world and from themselves. Your kind, my friend, you will be responsible for your own extinction one day." He peers down at Karun who is extremely intimidated by him.

"I think we must learn from our mistakes sir." He replies nervously, Druig clearly annoyed by the humans presence uses his power to make Karun smash his video recorder. "Oh no you didn't." Kingo says before standing up, I silently roll my eyes as a dick measuring competition starts between them. "Okay, new rule, no more possessing people's valets." Kingo says before Druig squares up to him, a cocky smile on his lips "Oh where is your sense of humour Kingo?" He asks teasingly. Kingo just stares at him "You are not a god. You know that right?" He asks and Druig laughs "How ironic. Kingo, the movie star."

Finally I stand up and clear my throat "Stop with the dick measuring, we have other important things to talk about." Ikaris kicks off of the wall and comes over to me. "Let's just go." He says "He's wasting our time." But then Druig rounds on him now. "Ikaris." He announces "I missed you." We all know that's a lie, they have always hated each other and no amount of time apart was ever going to change that. "Are you gonna charm me or threaten me?" He asks sweetly and Ikaris turns to face him "I mean, there's a third option, if you prefer that."

This time I step in between them and glare up at Ikaris, letting power radiate from my body. Letting him know who is more powerful "Back off Ikaris." I warn as the power snakes to my eyes just as he meets them. He swallows before stepping back. "Druig this is serious." Sersi says standing up, "I'll tell you what's serious." He says walking towards her now "I've just been told I've been sent on a suicide mission for the past 7000 years, and that my entire existence is a lie. So excuse me for not giving a shit."

That feels like a punch in the gut, that despite living here with these humans for hundreds of years, he doesn't care enough to protect them anymore. Doesn't want to fight for them. He storms out and Kingo announces "Druig sucks." I growl angrily and cross my arms "Seriously Kingo?" And he gives me a sheepish look.