Chapter 4

The next stop on our little tour is India which is where we will find Kingo as he has made a name for himself by becoming a famous movie star and director over several generations

The next stop on our little tour is India which is where we will find Kingo as he has made a name for himself by becoming a famous movie star and director over several generations. Honestly kind of impressive. We watch as he does his run through of his new move coming out and I smile, knowing it's about Ikaris based on the way he is dressed. The others watch in a mixture of awe and confusion while I just smile, I have always found this culture beautiful and am glad that at least one of the people in our group can appreciate it completely. "Welcome." An older man says grabbing our attention "I am Karun Patel." He chuckles as though he made a joke "Kingo's valet. It's truly an honour to be in the presence of the great Eternals."

This surprises us, we don't normally tell people what we are as they generally get freaked out by it. Although Karun does seem like the type to just except these sorts of things. The song cuts and Kingo shouts "Cut! Ok, everyone, that was good." Everyone cheers for one another "But we could do 10% better." Kingo then starts to praise the dancers. I chuckle and cross my arms across my chest.

As though seeing us for the first time Kingo equals "My friends from college are here." He says. He comes over and instantly gives Ikaris a hug "Hello boss!" He greets before hugging me and Sersei and then fussing Sprite's hair like a child. He introduces us to his set before Ikaris says ominously "We need to talk." Kingo doesn't pay any attention but instead continues talking to someone else "Tell the director I have some notes for him..." I clear my throat, cutting him off. "Kingo we need to talk to you in private."

Kingo looks between us and his valet "Oh, Karun, he's worked with me for 50 years." He explains casually "I trust him completely. Actually when we first met, he thought I was a vampire, and he tried to stake me through the heart." We all look at him in surprise and the valet tries to defend himself "I have apologised many times." I adjust the pearls around my neck, something I found in Ajak's house that I must have left last time I visited. Before everyone I loved either died or left.

We continue trying to have a serious conversation with him but Kingo keeps dodging it until finally Sprite bites the bullet and just says "Ajak is dead." This makes Kingo stop reapplying his make up and look at us in the mirror. He then silently turns to face us properly as Ikaris explains "She was killed. It was a Deviant." My heart breaks a little more at the look on his face. "We don't know how many there are." Ikaris continues, he places a hand on our friends shoulder "you need to come with us." My phone starts buzzing then and I look down at the caller ID.

I quietly excuse myself and answer it "Bucky?" I ask down the phone. I hear panting breathes from the other side and then a familiar voice "They gave his shield to someone else Noel." He says. My mouth falls open, knowing exactly what he is talking about. "What?" I ask clutching the phone tighter "They couldn't let the title die when Steve did, they gave the shield to some blonde haired bimbo who doesn't know the first thing about what he stood for." Bucky rants angrily, I bite the inside of my cheek tersely "Sam should have just kept it." I muse "At least then it would have been in safe hands." I can imagine the look on Bucky's face, just teeming with rage.