Chapter 5

We arrive at the border and Natasha asks through the comms "how we looking Bruce

We arrive at the border and Natasha asks through the comms "how we looking Bruce." Said man is trailing along behind us in the iron hulk armour. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it." He says just before he falls over. I smile gently while Okoye looks at him with disgust.

I snort and nudge her arm "relax Okoye, he knows what he is doing." She mutters something and everyone on our ship laughs. "I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodey informs us as he flies over head.

We reach the border and T'Challa shakes the leader of another tribes hand and says "thank you for standing with us." M'Baku replies in Xhosa and I crack my neck slightly. Steve, Natasha, T'Challa and I all head down to the forcefield to speak with the threat before a full blown fight can break out.

Once we get there however I realise it is the same woman from the train station a day ago. "Where's your other friend?" Nat teases slightly, the first words spoken in this exchange. The woman doesn't even react and she lifts her chin and replies "you will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone." I narrow my eyes and flex my fingers, my power rolling out around me to show my strength "that's not gonna happen." I muse confidently.

"You are in Wakanda now." it's king warns "Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood." The woman cocks her head to the side and takes us all in. "We." She says "have blood to spare." She then raises her arm that carries her sword and the giant ships behind her start to move again.

We move back to our army and Bucky asks "they surrender?" I snort as I let my power shake the ground below us "not exactly." I answer. Bucky and I share a look and we subtly nod to each other, a sign of respect and camaraderie. Thing's start rustling the trees behind the shield and T'Challa starts a war chant which is carried through the whole army.

Aliens appear racing towards us at a crazy speed that only a specially trained eye can see clearly. I suck in a breath while Bucky speaks what is on everyone's mind "what the hell?" Natasha frowns from the other side of Steve. barely visible behind him. "Looks like we pissed her off." She says casually, the creatures hit the force field. I blink once, twice.

"They're killing themselves." Okoye points out with disgust in her tone and lacing her features and the rest of us stay silent, watching these creatures mindlessly tear themselves apart trying to get to us.

Some manage to get through and the Wakandan's get into defensive positions. T'Challa calls out a command and some of the soldiers start shooting at the creatures that are getting closer now. I throw out one ball of energy out after another as Bucky shoots them from beside me. Sam flies above us, firing at the ones not in our range yet "you see the teeth on those things?" he asks as he shoots one down. "Alright, back up Sam." Rhodey orders"you're gonna get your wings singed."

He then drops a load of bombs at the edge of the force field to keep the creatures at and we stop shooting for a second. "Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us there's nothing between them and Vision" Bruce says as we watch the creatures start to move around us "then we better keep them in front of us." Steve replies lowly and I watch Okoye grab her staff harder "how do we do that?" She asks her king through gritted teeth. He shares a look with me before answering "we open the barrier." he then raises a finger and presses it into his earpiece "on my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen."

Everyone braces themselves and I hear M'Baku say "this will be the end of Wakanda." I look ahead of us and suck in a breath before letting is go tightly. My mind moves to where I would be now if Steve hadn't pulled me in, back in the Amazon with Druig. Probably sitting by the river, feet dipping into the cold water and watching the animals around me. Peaceful. T'Challa shouts an order and the people in front of us with shields stand straight and drop them so we can walk in front of them.

"Wakanda forever!" The king shouts as his signal and the barrier drops. T'Challa, Steve and I race out in front of the others meeting the creatures just before the stream. I slam my whole body into one making it fall back, I throw a ball of energy at it but it dodges and leaps in to attack me. I throw up a shield and grit my teeth against the force of the creature against it. I bring up as much power as I can muster and throw the creature back. It roar and leaps for me again but this time I create a sword of energy and drag it through the monsters body letting it fall to the floor.

I cut through creatures easier then as I know the quickest way to kill them. "How much longer Shuri?" I hear her brother in my ear, I kill another creature before whirling around and stabbing another one in the chest. "I've barely begun, brother." The scientist answers and in a very brotherly fashion T'Challa replies "you might want to pick up the pace."

I swallow hard and continue fighting, a bullet whizzes past my head landing in the head of a creature that was about the attack me from behind. I look over and spot Bucky who gives me a subtle nod before moving on. I attack another creature which was about to kill a member of the Dora Milje and she gives me a grateful look. I send up a silent prayer to all of the celestials that we make it through this day.