Chapter 4

"Who was that guy?" Natasha asks me as we make our way to Wakanda "the guy you were with when we picked you up?" I shrug and lean my head back against the metal wall behind us

"Who was that guy?" Natasha asks me as we make our way to Wakanda "the guy you were with when we picked you up?" I shrug and lean my head back against the metal wall behind us. "Another Eternal." I answer casually, trying to ignore the smirk appearing on my friends face "he helped me through a rough patch I've been having."

Before she can say more I stand up and go over to where Sam is piloting the jet "drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." Steve orders coming up beside me, resting a hand on the frame above us. Sam does as instructed, eyeing me up "I hope you're right about this. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." He says and I smirk, tilting my head slightly to the side "so little faith?" I reply earning a small smile from the pilot.

We break through the shield and a certain weight feels as though it has been lifted from my shoulders. Even if it has only been 7 months I feel as though I haven't been here in forever. I guess time is a very little concept when the person lives forever.

As we land I stand net to Steve as the first people to walk out. I smile as I spot the head of the royal guard and it's king standing in front of us. "Seems like I am always thanking you for something." Steve muses friendly as we get closer, they shake hands as Bruce clears his throat and bows.

I bite my lip to keep from laughing as T'Challa looks horrified for a moment before composing himself and saying "we don't do that here." Rhodes gives Banner a shit eating grin and I realise it was his doing. Seems like he has been taking tips from Tony.

"So how big of an assault should we be expecting?" T'Challa asks us as we start to walk. "uh, sir." Bruce starts "I think you should expect quite a big assault." I move quicker so I am next to his royal highness. "How we looking?" I ask casually and T'Challa looks down at me softly before answering "you will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje and...."

He is cut off by someone saying "and a semi-stable 100 year old man." I smile as Steve embraces his old friend. I rub my hands together "let's go down to the lab." Bruce gives me a confused look and I move closer to him. "You'll like it down there, full of science stuff."

-

We get Vision to lie down on a table as Shuri scans him. "The structure is polymorphic." She muses looking at the hologram of the stone from the komoyo beads. Bruce nods, pushing his glasses up his nose "right." He says "we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." The teenage girl looks over at him like a kid on Christmas and asks "why didn't you just reprogram the synapsis to work collectively?"

Banner looks over at me a little caught off guard "because we didn't think of it." He says after a moment. Shuri sighs "Im sure you did your best." I cough to try and cover up my laughter. Wanda, who is standing next to Bruce asks "can you do it?" The princess looks over at her for the first time "yes." She says nodding her head "but there are more than two trillion neurone here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother."

I scratch the back off my head "how long?" Steve asks and Shuri looks down for a moment before looking back up "as long as you can give me." Is her answer. Okoye's kimoyo beads start to beep and she looks down at them. "Something's entered the atmosphere." She says and I suck in a deep breath. Just then I hear Sam's voice in my ear "hey, Cap, we got a situation here."

Steve and I share a grave look before looking out of the wall of glass to see spaceship like things falling from the sky. "It's too late." Vision says sitting up "we need to destroy the stone now." Natasha whips her head around and orders "Vision get your ass back on the table." T'Chal moves to my side, our arms brushing together "we will hold them off." He says looking down at me.

I look over at the red head "Wanda." I say gently "as soon as that stone's out of his head..." She nods understanding what I am trying to say. T'Challa starts talking to his guard "evacuate the city." he says "engage all defences. And get this man a shield." I follow him from the room.

As we race down the corridor he asks "you got your suit?" I nod and grab it from the bag on my shoulder. "See you in a minute." I say with smirk before dipping into another room to change.