Chapter 11

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asks embracing me hesitantly, I pull him closer and roll my eyes "can't I just visit my favourite avenger?" Tony pulls away, holding me at arms length "uh no, no you can't

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asks embracing me hesitantly, I pull him closer and roll my eyes "can't I just visit my favourite avenger?" Tony pulls away, holding me at arms length "uh no, no you can't." I frown and step back. I flick my hair from my face "fine, I just need a place to crash for a few days. 2 tops." I admit.

Tony shakes his head fold his arms and glaring at me  "uh how about no?" He asks shortly, my frown deepens "why not?" I ask "I promise I won't be any bother." Tony shakes his head and starts walking, I run to catch up to him just in time to hear him explain "you sided with Steve." I roll my eyes and continue to walk beside him "seriously? Is that what you are mad about?"

I grab his wrist, making Tony stop. "The reason I fought for Steve and not you is because I knew Bucky before HYDRA corrupted his mind, I knew he wasn't a bad person." Tony yanks his arm out of my grip aggressively "you know you are technically a fugitive." He says walking backwards so he is still looking at me.

I cross my arms and watch him move backwards slowly "you know I don't technically belong to your government." I emphasise the your "I was here way before countries boarders were ever decided or any governments were formed." Tony looks down at his phone which has he pulled out his pocket.

"If you don't leave I will remove you by force." He says, I sigh and step forward a few steps "seriously Tony? You know me, you know I mean no harm." He shrugs, tucking his phone away again "I really don't care Noelle, I want you gone. Now." I glare at him before opening a portal, not wanting a fight "I'll remember this Tony." I warn "all I wanted was a place to stay for a few nights and you are acting like a child."

I don't give him a chance, instead I step through the portal and into the busy streets of London.

-

I walk into the apartment after the lady, she is older, white hair and frail body posture. She turns around to face me "is this alright love?" She asks clutching the kitchen counter to steady herself. I look around, it's a small place. All one room.

The kitchen takes up most of the space and the one other room is the bathroom. I nod my head "perfect." The woman smiles and places the keys in my hand "just remember to pay my rent on time." She warns seriously and I salute her "yes ma'am." She chuckles and pats my arm as she shuffles past.

When she closes the front door I sigh, set my duffel bag on the sofa and sit down on my bed, bouncing lightly with the springs. I close my eyes and lay down.

Spring, London
1745

I am at the tailors, trying on new dresses that have just come into store. I admire myself in the mirror, I have on a dusty pink dress with a white collar "that is a beautiful colour on you." Someone says from my right. I turn my head and take is a woman, with dark blonde hair and blue eyes that capture me straight away. Behind her stands a woman in a maids outfit, her maid i presume.

I smile and go back to looking at myself "you think?" I ask moving the skirts "I'm not sure about the colour." I notice the woman scrunch up her nose, making her look even more adorable. She steps forward so she appears in the mirror "I'm sorry." She says "I don't think I recognise your accent. Where are you from?" I turn back to her.

"Oh I'm from the Netherlands, I am here on a trip." I lie smoothly. To be honest, my accent isn't one from any country that has been founded yet. My voice is too different to pass as English. The woman's eyes widen "I'm Alice by the way." She holds out her hand "Alice Kingsman." I shake her hand gently "Noelle Anderson." I reply.

-

I open my eyes and sit up. I rub my head, standing up and grabbing my purse. I also grab my keys and lock my door on the way out. I head down the creaking stairs of the apartment block and out into the cold air of the city.

I navigate my way through alley's and main streets to my local super market. It starts getting dark as I spot it in the distance. Before I can make it two steps out of the alley I am currently in I feel something prick the side of my neck. I reach up and wipe away blood onto my finger "what the hel-" I can't finish my sentence.

My body freezes ans I drop to the floor. I watch unable to move as boots appear in front of me, the man bends down and tucks a piece of stray hair behind me ear "hello, Noelle." He says before my vision goes dark.