Chapter 12

My head is fuzzy as I regain consciousness, I groan at the bright light and wince

My head is fuzzy as I regain consciousness, I groan at the bright light and wince. I try to sit up but fail, cut short by the ties binding my hands and feet. "What the hell?" I mumble to myself as my mind starts getting a little clearer. A door in the corner opens and in walks in a man wearing a white lab coat.

"Where am I?" I ask looking around, the room is all white walls giving it a hospital look. The man comes over to where I am lying, his head buried in a tablet. He looks up surprised "you're awake!" He says sounding surprised "you're not supposed to be awake yet." He moves over to a machine which I notice is connect to me through wires . "Where am I?" I repeat trying to break my restraints.

The binds are only a white rope, I should be able to break them easily. It strain against them with little luck, as though they are bound by something stronger than what it appears. The man asses the numbers on the machine before typing them into his tablet.

"You are in a hospital." He says not looking up "you passed out, but you're safe now." I narrow my eyes. What kind of hospital ties their patients up for passing out? And I know I definitely didn't pass out, someone drugged me. Something strong enough to actually knock me out since most human made drugs have little to no effect on me.

I pull against my restraints as he walks round to my other side "we are going to need to run some more tests." I freeze up and shake my head, now trying to move away from him on the bed "no. No tests." The man gives me what I think is supposed to be a reassuring smile but it only sets me on edge. "Don't worry." He says gently "they won't hurt."

He goes over to the door and knocks on it once. It opens and two men in a guard uniform come into room. They both come over to me, either side and start to unbound me. When they release my legs from the binds they grab my arms and pull me up. Marching me for the door.

We walk down the hall and I spot a door that has a sign 'FIRE EXIT' on it and without thinking much further I yank out of their grips throwing my hands out but there is no cosmic energy. There isn't even a spark. Cursing, I think quickly, shoving myself into one of the men knocking him off balance before punching the other in the throat.

While both are off balance I rush towards the exit, heart hammering in my chest. I hear their heavy footsteps rush after men I am almost at the door when one of the guards grabbing me round the waist and lifts me up. I scream, scrambling to get away from him but he has an iron grip on me. He managed to pull me away from the door and towards where he needs me to go.

On the way I kick him again and headbut him making him stumble back. I make to run again but the other man grabs my arm and sticks a needle into it. "Wha- what was that?" I ask but am greeted with silence, I open my mouth to speak again but I collapse again, darkness claiming me.