3# ᰔᩚ𝙎𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙩ᰔᩚ

Start from the beginning

"I won't do anything to you," he said, his eyes still locked onto mine. "You can talk."

I did not expect this sudden change in his demeanor. Slowly, I found my voice again, the words tumbling out as I tried to explain myself. "I just... I didn't want to be locked up anymore. I thought, maybe.. if I could escape, I could have a chance of a normal life."

"You could have a normal life," he said quietly. "But you have to understand, there are reasons for everything I do."

I wasn't convinced, and I looked down.
"Then why am I tied up? Why do you forbid me things?"

Sunghoon seemed to pause for a moment, his gaze shifting to my bleeding wrists. He finally noticed the pain I was in.

"I'll untie you," he said, his tone softer than ever, as he began to work on the ropes. "And I'll take care of that."

And so, with careful hands, he freed me from the restraints, took a bandage and cleaned the wounds.

After that, Sunghoon was serious, his expression somber, and he began to speak with an apology in his voice.

"I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. I was just... angry that you tried to run away."

I listened, unsure of how to respond. His apology was a start, but it didn't erase the fear and confusion that had built up in me.
"I'd like you to stay with me. Just don't run away, okay?"

I remained silent, unable to find the words. An apology alone wasn't enough for me. Sunghoon seemed to notice my hesitation and changed the subject.

"Let's eat dinner," he said, his tone practical. "Come with me to the kitchen."

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

After dinner, the atmosphere in the room remained heavy with tension. Throughout the meal, I hadn't said a word, nor had I looked at Sunghoon.

As we finished eating, Sunghoon approached me. "What's wrong, hm?" he asked softly. "What can I do to make you happy?"

What can I do to make you happy?

That's all I wanted to hear.

"I want to call Jungwon."

"Jungwon? That guy on your wallpaper?"

I nodded. "Yes, Jungwon. I just want to hear his voice, to know that he's okay."

There was a moment of silence as Sunghoon seemed to consider my request.

Finally, he sighed and nodded. "Alright. I'll let you call him."

I was both relieved and anxious as Sunghoon handed me my phone. My hands shook as I dialed Jungwon's number. With Sunghoon sitting right next to me, I knew I had to be cautious in my conversation.

The call went through, and my heart raced as I waited for Jungwon to pick up. Finally, I heard his voice on the other end, filled with concern and relief. "Sunoo? Why haven't you been replying to my messages? Are you okay?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I heard Jungwon's voice. I wanted to tell him the truth, to let him know where I was and what had happened, but Sunghoon's presence was a constant reminder of the consequences I faced.

"I'm sorry, Jungwon," I stammered, my voice trembling. "I've been... busy. I didn't have a chance to reply or call you. I'm really sorry."

"Sunoo, this isn't like you. You've never ignored my messages before. What's going on? Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"No, no trouble," I lied, forcing a weak smile that I knew he couldn't see. "I promise, I'll explain everything soon. Just know that I'm okay."

Jungwon's voice was laced with concern, and he pressed further. "Where are you now? Who did your fucking father sell you to?