16# ᰔᩚ𝘿𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩ᰔᩚ

"I'll stay as long as you need me."

Sunghoon |

"I really messed up. I thought I was doing the right thing, giving him space, but now it feels like I've pushed him away for good," I confessed, my voice barely above a whisper.

Heeseung sighed, "Sunghoon, relationships are complicated. It might seem like things are irreparable now, but people change, and often, misunderstandings can be cleared up."

"But he doesn't want me. I saw it in his eyes. It's like I'm a stranger to him."

Heeseung shook his head. "I can tell you he still cares. Tonight was tough for him, too. It's not that he doesn't want you; it's just a lot to process for both of you."

A bitter smile crossed my face. "I don't even know where to begin fixing this mess. I just want him to be happy."

Heeseung leaned in, his gaze sincere. "Happiness often involves facing and resolving pain. You can make things right, but it'll take time and effort from both sides."

Tears welled up in my eyes again. "I miss him so much. But I'm scared that I've lost him forever."

Heeseung's grip on my shoulder tightened. "Love doesn't just vanish. Sunoo still loves you. Maybe he's hurting because he thinks you don't want him. You need to talk to him, be honest about your feelings, and give him the chance to share his."

"What if he doesn't want to talk to me?"

Heeseung gave me a determined look. "You won't know unless you try. Trust me, you need to hear his side of the story. You owe it to each other to have an honest conversation."

I wiped away a tear. "You're right. I need to talk to him. I can't keep living like this."

Heeseung nodded. "When you're ready, reach out to Sunoo. And remember, I'm here for you, too."

After Heeseung reassured me and offered his support, he asked, "Should I stay over the night?"

I nodded. "I'll just call Jake real quick and let him know," Heeseung said.

As I prepared for bed, I lay down, staring at the ceiling, trying to clear my mind. I couldn't get myself to fall asleep, and my thoughts went back to Sunoo.

I yearned for the warmth of his embrace, the reassurance of his love. Even if it was fake, I still missed it.

Unable to contain the overwhelming emotions, I started sobbing silently. These days had really been a rollercoaster of feelings.

I didn't want to wake up Heeseung, who had already done so much for me. Quietly, I tried to muffle my sobs, burying my face in the pillow.

Just then, something came to my mind – Sunoo's Christmas present. He had given me a notebook filled with letters, and he insisted I open it only when I needed mental support.

I stood up and got the notebook from the drawer. I sat back on my bed, flipping through the pages until I found the first letter.

-------------------------

Dear Sunghoon,

If you're reading this, you're probably going through a tough time. I want you to know that, even if I can't be here with you right now, I'll always be by your side. Our journey together is filled with ups and downs, and I cherish every moment.

I might not know why you're feeling upset right now, but remember that I'll always be there for you. No matter if we're arguing, I will never stop being by your side. Our love is stronger than any challenges we may face in the future.