FIVE

SEATTLE
..............Declan Campbell.........
Things had not remained the same ever since Declan had mentioned seeing a girl. His sisters had asked so many disturbing questions that made him irritated in the end.
"I can look after myself guys. I'm not a pathetic little boy you need to be looking after every time!"he had snapped at them and left dinner angrily.

But even his sudden outburst hadn't stopped them. They had done their usual investigation and had come up with nothing.
"we are just looking out for you lil bro."Bree had said.
"we don't want the past repeating itself again." Gina added.

Declan sighed and stared into his mirror. He adjusted his hair then smiled. School wasn't hard for him but making friends was. Even with everything,his looks,wealth...just everything, making friends...drawing people close was a big problem. Until Aubrey...

Aubrey...

A dreamy look replaced his smile as he thought about the only girl in school who had suddenly approached him and asked to be his friend. It was very odd but he hadn't minded.

A friend was a friend and he would make sure karma didn't repeat itself again.

Holi had been a huge mistake.
But he had abandoned that life in Canada and thankfully, 'that life' had remained there.

"Declan, hurry up." Bree's voice rang out from her room. She was the one taking him to school this morning.
"I'm ready whenever you are."

The drive to school was short and comfortably silent. Declan was grateful for it because riding with Bree was like being in a chatterbox movie.
"hey D... "she called out as he got down. He looked over his shoulder with a raised brow.
"Be careful today okay?"
He rolled his eyes "I'll be fine Sis. Stop babying me."he retorted and she smiled.
"okayyy. Bye." she said softly and he returned her smile.
"Bye."

Aubrey was waiting for him at the class entrance. Her radiant smile lit up her face once she spotted him. "Hey you." she nudged his arm playfully and he smiled.
"Morning. You look prettier today."he complimented shyly and she blushed.
"well-it was... "she couldn't complete her statement as someone pushed her from behind and she stumbled.
"Take your dorky flirting elsewhere."the person snorted and walked away.
Declan rolled his eyes and faced Aubrey who was rubbing her arm. "are you alright?" he asked in concern. She smiled at him.
"it's okay. I'm good. Let's just go in."
They went into the classroom and straight-up to their seats. She had changed her desk space because of him and it had touched him.
"we have literature first this morning then algebra next. Ugh, I hate algebra and I need to pass it to raise my scores."she groaned and he chuckled at her cuteness.
"I can help you with it."he offered and she faced him, beaming.
"Really?"
He nodded. "yeah sure. It's no biggie."he replied. She squealed and nearly jumped on him but thought better. Instead,she leaned over and pecked him on the cheek.
"Thanks...in advance." she whispered and for the rest of the day, Declan was in a daze mood.

......OASIS......
Lonely by Billie Eilish playing...😉

Elora staggered across the street weakly, ignoring the stares people were giving her. She didn't care because once again her life was in shreds.

Raped... She had been raped and no one had come to her rescue even with all her screams.

Fresh tears rushed out and she started to sob. Would her life have been better if she hadn't run away?
Or would it have been worse.......

I can't believe her. After all what her lovely parents have done for her.

Why can't she be more like her twin...