The Truth

Chris's Pov

After chilling at Natalie's house, we all go home. I decide to give Nikki a ride home. Even though her dad like hates me (-.-) the struggles.

Instead of taking her home I decide to take her to the park. It's kind of late but I love going to the park at night, and just looking out at the water.

"Chris where are you taking me?" Asks Nikki.

"Relax I'm taking you to the park."

"This late and what exactly are we suppose to do there?" Asks Nikki

"We're going to sit and look out at the water. It's beautiful, trust me it'll be fun. I always come here when I have a lot on my mind or when I just want to get away."

We pull into the parking lot. I turn off the engine and walk around to open the door for Nikki. I take her hand in mine and head for the doc.

"Oh no I'm not walking out on this doc in the dark. What if I fall into the water", Says Nikki.

"That's not gonna happen I gotchu." I hold on to her and guide the way. Once we reach the perfect spot we stand over the water. See now isn't it beautiful?"

"Yeah it is Chris", says Nikki looking out at the water.

I notice that she's avoiding making eye contact with me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind." Says Nikki

"Like what, want to talk about it? I promise to listen. It will make you feel better, if you take about your problems instead of keeping them all bottled up inside that's not healthy."

"Okay well you know how I dumped Anthony?" Asks Nikki

"Yeah why?"

"Well every since then he's been blowing up my phone. When we were at Natalie's house, he left me 20 messages. I didn't mean to hurt him or lead him on. I wish we could go back to being friends. It's just too awkward now. Then the Hazel thing reminded me of my mom. Lately it's been really hard. I miss her so much. My dad is making things worse he keeps drinking like theres no tomorrow. Sometimes I have to lock my door at night. He..... He......" Nikki trails off

"What is it tell me I promise I won't tell anyone."

"Sometimes he hits me. I think it's because he drinks so much. Every since my mom left. At first he was fine, but then he started drinking a lot. I feel like running away sometimes. I act like everything is perfect but it's actually the complete opposite." Says Nikki

Tears start to fall down her cheeks. I reach over and wipe her tears away. "Everything is going to he okay. Trust me ill handle it. I wish you could stay with me, but my mother would not allow that. Can't you stay with one of your girls? You need to get help for your dad before its too late. You don't deserve this Nikki." I pull her close to me and hug her.

"I want to get help for him. I'm just scared of what he'll do to me. It's not that easy I wish it was,but it's not. Life is not a fairytale for me." Says Nikki

"Whatever you decide to do, I'll be with you the whole time. Your the prettiest girl I've ever met. You act all tough on the outside, but your not fooling me. Inside I see a sweet, kind and caring girl. Your just afraid to let anyone in. You always go for the bad guys. Never the good guys, because your used to being treated bad. I don't blame you at all. Your father made you this way. I really do hate him. If he touches you again, I'll hurt him!"

"Chris that's really sweet of you, but don't. It will just make things worse. Maybe I'll just stay with Aaliyah. For awhile until things cool down. My father won't care he's too busy drinking away his sorrows. I swear when I grow up I want to be anything like my parents." Says Nikki

"Good I'm glad your not going to stay there. If you need me for anything, just call me. I wan to be your everything Nikki. If you let me I promise I'll never hurt you, I just want to love you and protect you."

Before I could say anything else Nikki kissed me.

Later on that night we go back to my place. My mom is out of town for a few days, so I have the house to myself. I take Nikki to my house and lead her to my bedroom. We spend the whole night talking about everything.

I wake up the next morning with Nikki sound asleep on my chest. I just about to fall back asleep when I notice Nikki's phone is going off again. Who could be calling her this early. I slowly get up and grab her phone. All I see are a bunch of messages from Anthony. I'm really getting tired tired of this nigga. Like I was being nice at first, I felt bad for him. Now he's getting on my last nerve. I walk into the bathroom and call Anthony. After a few rings he finally answers.

"Nikki omg it's really you? Why did you take so long to answer me back. I missed hearing your voice everyday." Says Anthony

"No nigga this ain't Nikki, it's Chris. Look I know your like madly in love with Nikki but this needs to stop. Get over it dogg she's not interested in you anymore. She's upgraded to me. I don't mind you being friends with Nikki. Just stop being so fucking thirsty. It's making you look pathetic."

"I'm sorry but when did you become her boyfriend. Last time I checked you two were just talking. Now until Nikki says to stay away I'm not going anywhere." Snarls Anthony

"As I recall she did dump you. Nikki isn't my girlfriend yet, but she will be very soon. Don't let me catch you calling her, looking at her, or even breathing near here. If I catch you talking to her again I'm going to lay your ass out."

"Yeah alright Pretty boy." Then he hangs up the phone in my face.

That bitch nigga got some nerve. I can't wait till I see him at school on Monday. Let me catch his ass slipping.

"Chris what are you doing in the bathroom, you've been in there for awhile. Are you talking to yourself in there?" Asks Nikki

"No I just had to make a phone call. Are you hungry?"

"Yes when am I not hungry." Says Nikki

"Want to go to iHop? I can call the others and we'll all meet up."

"Sounds good to me. Anything involving food I'm down for. Wait I don't have a change of clothes with me. I have to stop by my house." Says Nikki

"Alright fine I'm gonna shower real quick. We can figure everything out afterwards."

"Well since your going to shower, ill call the crew for you." Says Nikki

"Why do that when you can join me in the shower."

"Yeah right you wish." Says Nikki

"Please you know you want to. Stop acting like you don't want to see all of this. Chris never fails when pleasing the ladies". I do my best puppy dog face.

"How can I say no to that adorable face. Alright fine !" Says Nikki

"Knew it this face works every time. I grab her hand and pull her into the shower with me.

* * * Sorry for any spelling errors. Read, Comment, Vote and most importantly enjoy 😌