School Flow

(Nikki's Pov)

After the boys little strip show, we all go home. Chris drops me off in front of my house. He turns off the engine and we just sit for a few minutes. "So did you have a good time today?" Asks Chris

"Lmao yeah I did especially that little show you guys put on. It was well worth skipping school for. I just hope our teachers didn't notice that we weren't in school today."

"I know if my mom finds out she'll ground me for a week. I better hurry home before she checks the answering machine. If my mom gets home before me I'm dead. I'm glad you had a good time." Says Chris

He reaches over and gives me a hug. I'll see you tomorrow , he says.

"Good luck with your mom, I say before climbing out of Chris's car.

"Lol, thanks," he says.

I close the door and watch him pull off. I walk up the path to my house. I was about to put my key in the door when my dad opens the door. "Dad what are you doing home? I didn't see your car in the driveway."

"My car has been acting up lately, so I put it in the shop. Whose that boy you were in the car with?"

"No one he's just my new friend from school. " I say to my Dad.

"You know the rules no boys until your in college."

"Dad chill he's just a friend. He was only giving me a ride home!" I say suddenly agitated.

"I don't care who he is, I better not catch you with him again. If I see you with that little yellow boy I'm gonna beat his ass and then I'm gonna beat your ass. Do you understand?"

"Yes father I understand. You won't see me with Chris again."

"Good!" Snaps my dad

Annoyed I go upstairs and lock the door behind me. My dad gets on my nerves he assumes every guy friend I have is my boyfriend. The guy he actually likes is Anthony, and that's only because our families know each other.

I was just about to call Aaliyah, when my dad knocks on my door. "Nikki unlock this door right now!"

I walk over to my door and unlock.

"You know how I feel about locked doors in this house, next time you lock this door I'm going to take the door off. Then you'll have no choice but to leave it open" yells my dad. What's this I hear about you not going to school today? I got a phone call from your school saying you never showed up."

"Umm.... I can explain." I say trying to think of a way out of this situation.

"I don't know what's gotten into you. Ever since your mother left you've been acting out. Look I know you miss her, I miss you her too. It's time to move on she's not coming back. It's been over a year she's never coming back."

"Don't say that one day she will. I'm not giving up on my mom." I yell at my dad.

He shakes his head then walks out the room.

My mom left over a year ago. One day she decided she didn't want this life anymore. So she packed up her things in the middle of the night. When I woke up she was gone. Everyday I would wait at the door. Hoping that one day she would come back for me. How can a mother just leave her child like that. People look at me , and think I have the picture perfect life. If only they knew how much pain I feel. My mom was my best friend. I could tell her anything and she would never judge me. If I got in trouble she would keep it a secret, and never tell my dad. After she left my dad just became controlling. He's afraid he'll lose me too.