Chapter Sixteen | Daniel POV

Her mother came here?

I need to find out who she was to learn more about my mate.

"Did your father come here too." I question her some more.

A wave of innocence washed over her as she answered, "I never met my father, I don't know who he was. Most likely."

How could she not know her father?

What man wouldn't want to be apart of their child's life?

I suddenly felt saddened.

Remembering that up until 10 years ago, my own father was a good father. He was kind and always there for me, the role of Alpha changed him greatly.

I'm a little hesitant to follow in his footsteps, I will take on as Alpha come my 21st birthday.

As if she sensed a change in my demeanour, Lily reached forward and touched my hand before pulling it away quickly.

"Enough talking about me," she awkwardly said. "We should go." She said looking over at Harper.

Don't go!

I thought.

"I will see you round," I told her.

She gave me a shy smile and the girls left the booth.

Watching her walk away, admiring her hourglass figure. She stops and looks back at me when she reaches the door before exiting the cafe.

Surely I have enough information to find out who she is... I pull out my phone. I ring Blade, my future Beta.

"Blade, have you found anything out yet?" I ask him.

"No yet bro, all I know if she comes from Edgewood, filled with mainly rogues." He said.

"Right, well her mother attended Wolf Lake 20 years ago. She didn't give me her name but that's something." I say.

"You've spoken to her again?" He asks curiously.

"Just now, I had coffee with her and her minder." I tell him.

"You should have invited them to come watch us train at the lake today." Blade suggested.

I forgot that footy season has started again. This will be my final year as the captain of the Wolves. We have been undefeated the past 3 years, today we are training the new freshies.

"She wouldn't come, bro. The wolf in me still makes her nervous." I let out a laugh. "Alright let me know what you find." I say before hanging up.