Chapter Twelve | Harper POV

He walked Lily all the way to her room.

I'm sure he is who I think he is but what is his fascination with Lil?

I think as I pace the room.

I hear a noise at the door I spin around on my heels and there he is standing in my room.

What does he want to know.

"Who are you, she-wolf?" He demands.

I bow my head in respect and begin, "my name is Harper Milano, Alpha." I explain.

"Then who is she?" He demands.

"Out of respect, Alpha, all that you need to know is that I have been placed into her life to protect her." I state.

Anger brews within him and I let out a little yelp.

"Protect her? PROTECT her?" He growls, "who asked you to protect her?"he demands.

I begin to shake, "th-the.. M-moon Goddess, S-sir.." I stutter.

"You are the worst handler ever! You should be ashamed of yourself." He growls.

I bow my head in shame.

"I'm sorry, Alpha, I will try to do better. I promise.

He begins to turn to open the door.

"Alpha?" I say grabbing his attention that he turns back around.

"What do you want with her?" I beg.

He stands tall and proud as he states, "she is my mate."

He turns, then leaves the room.

Is this why I was sent to protect her?
Because she was a future Luna?

My heart squeezes tight as I ponder on all the possibilities.

|10 years ago|

I was playing on the rocks by the lake. Mother always said never to play down there alone as it is too dangerous.

I've never been one to take orders, I come from a line of rogues which explains it all.

I was playing battle stone, where I pretend to leap and step over the rocks avoiding my enemies.

Suddenly I fall, smashing my head on a rock and begin to slide into the lake. Unconscious.

I should have been dead. Well I think I was. There I was standing in a field of light when the Moon Goddess appears in front of me.

"Moon Goddess, is that you?" I ask.

"Yes dear. We must be quick, I have an important mission for you." She says. "There is a special girl who needs your help. He mother just died and she is in need of a friend." She explains.

"Is she a wolf too?" I ask eagerly.

"Not quite yet. Her mother was a human and her father is an important wolf that goes by the name of Floki. Do you know him dear?" She asks.

I shake my head. I only know my parents and some kids at school.

She continues, "if you guide her right, she will become a very powerful wolf. But if you don't she will be human like her mother. Do you understand dear?" She asks.

I was a little confused but I nod anyway.

The Moon Goddess began to fade.
"Guide her well, Harper." She said before completely disappearing.

I suddenly felt cold and wet before I woke up in the lake. I carefully get out and run to the closest house to get warm.

That's where I met Lily, crying on the front porch.

We've been best-friend's ever since.

Hey Guys,

So now you know a little about Harper role in Lily's life.

Do you think she has guided her enough to bring out her wolf?

Be sure to vote, comment, share and don't forget to hit the + to add my story to your library.

Love Ophelia Blake x