Chapter 16: His return

"Alex.." Jasmine breathed out, utterly terrified. 

"That's me!" Alex said stepping closer. Jasmine, however, didn't have anymore room to step back.

"What do you want?"  Jasmine asked, her voice cracking a bit.

An amused smile sat upon Alex's face. "I always told you I would come back for you." Jasmines eyes widened. 

"No..."

The exit to the kitchen was behind Alex. She would have to just dodge past him. She knew he has lighting fast reflexes. She wasn't sure she could do it. 

Alex's smile grew. "Yes my little human. Your coming back with me. And if you run away the creatures will have no choice but to kill you. Since you know your over 18." He stepped closer. 

There was no way she was going back. 

The second he stepped closer Jasmine bolted and weaved around him and ran out of the kitchen. She had caught Alex off guard because he thought he had her cornered. Wrong.

But seconds after her "great" escape Alex came barreling after her, shifting into his second form. 

The large terrifying was even scarier then the first time she had seen it.  It brushed the roof of her living room and charged after her. 

Jasmine wasted no time scrambling up the stairs. Her room had a window next to a tree. she could jump out of it and be running down the street, hopefully, before he reached her.  

Jasmine raced down the hallway when suddenly her feet slipped out from under her as she fell through her floor. 

Huh?!

Jasmine crashed down onto damp gray carpet. She groaned in pain and looked around. Then the horrible realization hit her harder then anything. She was back in the Backrooms.

-------------------------------------------------

one month later.....

words 282