Chapter Four: Attacked

I was in the forest with my older sister. We were playing royalty. It was a great where we were both queens and were finding creatures to kill, like dragons.

"Queen Jasmine! I found a new dragon lair!" My sister shouted as she entered our "castle", which was really a large stick fort we built.

"Where is it Queen Emily?" I questioned. I was six while she was seven.

"This way!" Emily grabbed my hand and dragged me with her toward where she found the dragon lair.

"Here it is." Emily whispered.

"Let's be quiet and slay the beast." I whispered back to her.

We snuck up on the beast killed it, as me and my sister were the best fighters in our kingdom.

I ra up and hugged my sister. "I love you!"

"I love you too and I'll never leave you."

***

When I awoke the bed was empty and the whole house was silent. I sat up and got out of bed, the dream I had still on my mind.

I looked around for Alex but didn't find anything but a simple note from him saying I wasn't allowed to leave and I could watch TV until he got back.

I made myself some cereal and went to the livingroom. I sat in front of the TV and turned it on. I settled on watching Supernatural and ate my cereal in peace.

After I finished my cereal, I went to the bathroom and decided to take a shower as well.

I stripped off my clothes and got into the shower. I took the bandages off my arm and carefully washed the wound.

Then when I started washing my hair, I heard a door open. It wasn't the bathroom door, it was the front door.

I then heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Do you need new clothes?"

"Yes." I shouted over the running water.

A couple minutes the bathroom door opened and closed. I finished washing and got out of the shower. Alex had left the clothes on the counter.

I quickly got dressed and ran a hand through my hair. My blonde hair was definitely wasn't going to get any straighter, not without a brush. I also eyed my dyed tips. I had dyed them last summer, the had been a vibrant blue color and the were now a light faded blue color. I now looked over the clothes Alex had given me, jeans with a gray shirt and a maroon colored hoodie.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Alex sitting on his bed again. As soon as he saw me he called.

"Come here." I slowly went over to his bed. "Sit." I sat down a couple inches away rom him.

He grabbed my injured arm and pulled it toward him and grabbed a roll of bandages. He carefully wrapped my arm, carefully not to hurt me in the process.

When he finished I got up to leave but he pulled me back.

"One more thing." He reached into the pocket of his gray hoodie and pulled out a black collar. It had white edges and a gold tag.

"It's my "mark" if you call it that. So if you ever try to escape, nobody will kill you before I can get to you."

He attempted to put it on me but I moved out of the way. He sighed.

"Now Jasmine, let's not do this the hard way, ok?"

He got up and walked toward me, collar in hand. I began backing up, like hell I was letting him put a collar on me!