Chapter Ten: Healing

Jasmine cried until her voice was hoarse. She's afraid to move. She didn't know how strong Alex actually was.

In other words,

She was terrified.

She wanted to go home. But she knew she wasn't anytime soon.

Hours passed painstakingly slow. Sleep did not come either.

Hours later, possibly a day, the closet door finally opened and there stood Alex, looking down pitifully at her.

In one swift movement he bent down and picked her up and strode to the bathroom.

While they were leaving the curtain room, Jasmine saw a another door tucked behind a couple boxes, a futile attempt to hide the door.

Her mind wondered what was behind the door but she soon forgot about it when Alex started cleaning her wounds.

He started with her black eye, to which he put ice on. Then dabbed a wet towel on her lip and cleaned the dried blood on her face.

Alex moved to take her bloodied shirt off when she stopped him. She hugged her arms around her stomach while he held the bottom of the shirt in her hands.

"I need to take your shirt off." Alex said softly.

"No." Jasmine was not letting him see her half naked.

"I don't want to force you. The shirt needs to come off."

Jasmine shook her head again and Alex kept his patience.

"I just want to help." Those words...

He had hurt her!

Now he wanted to help.

Jasmine was about to start yelling at Alex but stopped. Why yell when nothing was going to change?

Jasmine slowly lifted her shirt off and covered herself immediately.

Alex did say or do anything but put a ice pack on the bruises along her stomach and rub something along it.

"Wait here."

She was definitely not going anywhere.

Alex left and came back with one of his shirts. He slid it over her head and Jasmine relished the feeling of not being naked.

Jasmine had no other injuries besides her back which still hurt a little bit but she didn't mention it.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" Alex asked.

"What?" Jasmine said, snapping back into reality and looking at him.

"I said, do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure." Jasmine shrugged and hopped off the bathroom counter.

She went with Alex and sat in front of the TV Alex hadwhile he sat in his chair.

Alex silently put on Childs Play and they watched movies together.

It wasn't until Alex shut the tv off did Jasmine feel the overwhelming call of sleep. Jasmine got up and slid onto her bed in the corner and passes out quickly.

______________

443 words