Chapter 33

Lu's POV

Ale has finally returned, and Valentino has been avoiding me like the plague. I felt empty, and I could feel my wolf was sad and angry.

I have been looking at myself in the mirror for days now. I was currently wearing a jacket, white shirt, and black jeans. My hair was black streaked with blonde, and my once violet eyes were this weird yellow brown. I was officially stuck in this semi-human, semi-wolf form. My black wolf ears were on the top of my head, while my tail stuck out the back of me. Everything else was human about me though, except for my fangs. They were stuck too. The doctor had said everything was fine and that I only needed checkups once a week now for at least a month. Then it would go to once a month if nothing changed. 

I go and sit looking out my window, when I feel Ale is near. Not even knocking, he enters my room. 

"Lu-" He states stopping in his tracks, as he absorbs what he is seeing. "What in the..."

"Hi." I say as I feel my cheeks burning up from embarrassment. This was the first time he was seeing me in this form, and for some reason it made me uncomfortable. My wolf on the other hand felt content with his presence. 

"Lu?" He asks, eyes wide. I watch as they darken with lust and anger, as they take me in. "What happened?"

"Um...well... someone told me they were told to take me out to the outskirts of the town." I begin, "I couldn't fight it, but they told me they were under orders."

Ale growls, eyes flashing black. "Valentino." he grits out.

I shake my head, and his eyes calm down with confusion taking place. "Valentino was the one who saved me. Once the full moon was at the highest point in the sky, I went through a change that was something different than I have ever experienced. After the change, I was naked, afraid, and cold. I had no idea how to get back and that is when the wolves caught wind of me. If it hadn't been for Valentino, I would have been killed and made into wolf food." I finish telling him about the fight, and how I was in a coma for a while. 

"Valentino...saved you?" Ale whispered, still confused. "Why?"

I cough. I am not sure how to answer, but as I start to say something, Valentino opens the door and enters the room. "Because he is my mate." He states with certainty and pride. 

My eyes widen, as the realization that Valentino had no idea Ale was also my mate. 

Ale stops and looks at Valentino in pure shock. "What...?"

"Yes Ale. He is my mate, and I would like to take him to my own castle." Valentino states, looking into my eyes. 

"But-" I interject, but I'm cut off with Ale laughing.

"This is great." He says with enthusiasm, "Of course you can take your mate home."

I watch in shock, as his continuous rejection pains my heart and wolf. How can he be so easily okay with this?

Valentino smiles, until he sees my face. "We will talk further later. Please let me know if you need anything, Lu." He states masking his face and turning around to leave.

"Thank you."  I whisper, as he leaves. 

"So... you are his mate too." Ale whispers, stepping closer to me. "Of course. It makes sense. We are twins. Let's get this over with then." Ale touches my face with his hand and flutters make their way to my lower belly.

"Al-" I start, but I'm quieted by Ale's lips touching mine. As he draws back, I see him fighting his wolf for control.

"I, Ale Hucks, reject you, Lu Stone." Ale states. I look at him confused. Rejecting a mate meant nothing, other than just not being with them. The bond was still there... or at least I thought. Pain shot through my chest, like I was being stabbed. 

"What-" I start, but the pain gets too bad that I scream out; however, Ale covers my mouth.

"Just hold on a little bit longer." He pants, as sweat begins to build up on his forehead, "It will be over soon."

I gasp as the sparks from Ale's hand dim, and slowly disappear, as well as the pain; however, the empty feeling left behind was like an abyss. 

Ale gives me a weak smile and takes his hands off my mouth. "Goodbye Lu." 

A tear falls down my cheek, as Ale walks out the door leaving me alone.

____

A week has gone by, since the rejection and today was the day, I was to move with Valentino to his castle. Since I did not have much, packing took like five minutes. Valentino insisted that I would have all I needed at his castle. 

As I walked the halls, saying my goodbyes to Okami and a few servants, I glimpse Ale walking to his study. He had dark circles under his eyes and looked drained of life. I hurt, as the empty feeling I have, when I look at him, takes over. I head back to my room one last time to make sure I have everything.  As I am finishing up, Valentino comes behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder. Sparks shoot through my body, and my body relaxes. 

"Lu..."He says softly, "Are you ready to get going?

I nod slightly and walk with him to the door. I look back one last time to see Pearl smirking at me. Her shirt was pulled to the side with a mating mark exposed.

 Her shirt was pulled to the side with a mating mark exposed

Valentino looks to where I'm looking, and his eyes widen. Pearl smiles wider, as she flicks her hair to the side. She had finally gotten what she wanted. All of Ale. I look down to the ground and follow the servants and Valentino out of the house. There, outside standing by the car, was Ale.

"Brother." Valentino states with a laugh, "I see you finally finalized things with Pearl."

Ale stays silent and stares at me. A small tear makes its way to my eye, but I quickly wipe it away, before Valentino sees. I didn't know why I was hurting so much, since I still had a mate, and one that actually wanted me, but I couldn't get pass this pain. 

Ale opened the door for us, and as I got in, he whispered softly in my ear.

"Take care."