Chapter 8

Today was June 3, 2019. Tomorrow was my 21st birthday.

Currently, at this moment, I was busy planning a marriage proposal. Who's proposal? My proposal!

I was planning to propose to Remus today. That's right, you heard me. I finally mustered up my courage. It was my last day being 20 after-all, and it was decided that we would get married shortly after I turned 21. Since he was being all ambiguous about it, I decided that I would just propose. I'm a strong lady! Besides, it's the 21st century, and it's about time I propose instead of being a wimp and waiting for Remus to take the initiative for everything. 

Ayla, who said you didn't take the initiative for things? 

Blocking off the voice in my head, I continued mapping out some more details.

I was delighted, thinking about how things would go after today. It's a wedding, my wedding! Although I didn't want to get married so early (21 for god's sake, are we living in the olden days?!) I came to terms with it after years of digesting the info. I romanticized the idea of a beautiful wedding, walking down the aisle as a beautiful bride, brimming with anticipation and excitement for life after getting married.

I took the bouquet of 23 white lilies and sat at a table in Rise and Shine cafe. After working overtime for the past week, my boss finally let me take today and tomorrow off. I was also ahead in my Uni work, so I was completely relaxed from school and work right now. The only thing I was stressed over was...the proposal.

Why 23 white lilies? 23, as a number, meant change and progress. I really wanted to advance with Remus. Thinking about what happened 6 months ago, I sighed, feeling heavily downcast. The stair incident. I never told you the end result of that right? Well, thankfully, Lyra's grandparents made sure the authorities gave the case a solid investigation. Because of their persistence, it was found that there wasn't enough evidence to accuse me of anything. If it wasn't for them...Dad probably would've pushed for me to get a punishment.

Therefore, I didn't get expelled, nor did I get any black-mark written down. There was no other proof other than Corinna saying I pushed her down as well as the CCTV, but this wasn't enough. The case being deduced as an accident, especially considering how the only piece of evidence – the CCTV – was in a shady, not clear area.

Obviously if I hadn't figured out by now that Corinna was trying to frame me, I would be an idiot. No, beyond an idiot. I tried to do several things to annoy her for retaliation. Wanna know one of my favorite things?

Oh you might like this one. I took a bird tweet box and placed it in Corinna's car. Everytime she entered her car, she would hear the sound of birds chirping, and it drove her insane.

I'm not exactly proud of all that I did (Oh come on, the bird one was actually pretty good though. Harmless but annoying!) I was angry that Corinna was framing me and actually almost succeeded! I also felt bad for mom as after dad and Elan met Corinna, they became more distanced from mom.

Also, whenever Corinna was mentioned, or anything related to her, Remus would react explosively towards me. I decided it was best to not do anything to Corinna anymore. I might as well just mind my own business from now on. As long as Corinna didn't bother me anymore, then I wouldn't actively go looking for trouble either. Out of sight out of mind, right?

I felt giddy at the thought of finally calling Remus my fiance and actually meaning it this time! If everything went well, then we would be set to get married at the end of this year! Goodness, the person I've had feelings for since middle school. The person I'd given my all for. The person I was told I would marry since I was 8. It was all finally coming together!