22. Ram Kahani

Beginne am Anfang

Me, Lakshman, Sita, and Urmila were left, and it felt so lonely without them. As we were discussing something, suddenly the guard informed me that Pitashree wanted me in the court.

I was totally confused and worried at the same time. And without wasting a single second, I moved towards the court and found Pitashree sitting up on the high throne, and the court was filled with people.

And then Pitashree informed me that tomorrow at dawn, the Rajyaabhishek will be done. I was not satisfied with his decision, as my two brothers were not here, and I wondered how he could take this serious decision. But I took it as a command.

The whole Ayodhya was happy with his decision, but I was not feeling it right.

.........

"Bhaiya, it was all right, wasn't it?"
Asked Bharat.

"How could it be? From childhood, we all had been together in everything; then how in this?"
Said Ram.

"But..."
Ram interrupted.

"You are my brothers. I had never imagined myself alone while doing anything special. Your presence makes it special for me. When we four united in Chitrakoot, it made my Vanvaas more special and gave me the determination to head forward."
Said Ram with a smile.

Bharat hugged him lovingly.

"Ok, then."
Said Ram and continued.

.........

RAM'S POV CONTINUES

And then came the game of destiny, when Manthara poisoned Mata Kaikayi's mind. For which she asked for her boons given by Pitashree and asked him for Bharat's coronation and my Vanvaas.

I was pretty happy for her decision, as I would get a chance to explore around, but the thing that hurts me the most is the way she had used to get her work done. If she had asked me directly, I would have given this throne to Bharat.

.........

"Bhaiya, what are you telling me? You are meant for the throne, not me, never! If the devas from heaven would compel me to take over the throne, I would prefer death."
Bharat said while joining his palms.

"Bharat, tu tho sach mein pagla hai. Tum to Dharma ki moorti ho, tumhara sthaan to mujhse bhi ooncha hai." (Bharat, you are really crazy. You are the embodiment of Dharma; your position is higher than mine.)
Said Ram, lovingly caressing his cheeks, for which he smiled.

........

RAM'S POV CONTINUES

Then in the same night I decided to leave, and after meeting Mata Kaushalya, I went to Sita to bid her the last farewell, but she insisted on coming with me. I tried my best to make her understand, but she was no less. At last, I had to accept my defeat, and I accepted to take her with me.

Then Lakshman was too, getting out of control and blabbering senselessly out of anger to kill Pitashree and Mata Kaikayi. For the sake of myself, I accepted to take him too, as I had no other option.

And the same night we left Ayodhya, and the next morning we reached my friend's village, where he had offered me lots of items to take along with me, but I was prohibited.

Then, with his help, we crossed the river Ganga, where we met a fellow boatman who lent his boat to cross the other side. And then we headed towards the forest.

Where we had killed the Rakshasas, who were troubling the Rishis. And we met Maharishi Bharadwaj, who had suggested a beautiful place like Chitrakoot.

Where we met everyone once again. And headed towards the Dandakarnya Van, where we met the Sage Atri and her wife Anasuya.