CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

All at once, the dragons released a slew of flames, gas, magma, boiling slime, poison, and ice onto the scales. Serene's frost fire blasted me with the chilling heat as she scored her scale with the ice wielding Insignia of a tornado spinning with icicles. I waited for the scale to cool down before I plucked it from the ground and held it in my palm, rubbing the surface of it.

Hey, princess.

My head snapped up as a jolt went through me and I found Zoran smirking at me from across the way as he crossed his arms over his chest with his chin raised. My heart skipped a beat as his deep voice in my head sent shivers down my spine.

I thought I'd been swirling around in your head before, but now I'm literally in it.

"Cut it out," I snapped, clapping a hand over my mouth as I drew incredulous looks in my direction. Zoran's smirk widened and his fangs poked out, spreading an unwanted warmth through me.

Removing one glove, I stared at my palm in awe as Zoran's ice wielding Insignia formed in the center, spreading a frosty nip as it took shape. I felt my jaw nearly unhinge as a faint blue glow emanated from the symbol and his second power's Insignia melded with the icy tornado. Violet bolts of static ran through the tornado and a darker purple cloud appeared next to it. 

I still wasn't sure what Zoran's second power was, but it meant I wasn't powerless anymore.

You never were, Zoran replied, and I wasn't sure if I'd spoken the thought out loud or had said it in my head. But you need to be careful with who you show that Insignia to. It's a replica of both of mine, so we could both be in trouble if my second one gets discovered.

Every other summoner was staring at the shifter they were bonded with, communicating with their Champion using just their minds. Many pairs were looking at the new Insignia marking their other palm with their Champion's power. I looked over at Eowyn whose elated smile matched Odin's as he beamed at her with the Fire Force pin on their formal attire.

As Champions in the Force, we were the only Draconians with two powers.

Zoran strolled over to me and held out a pin in his gloved hand. Serene huffed a stream of smoke from her nostrils, ruffling his dark hair as she dipped her head. He flattened his other palm on her snout and she closed her eyes in affection as he petted her. Hitching a brow at me, he spoke aloud, "Welcome to the Ice Force, princess."

I took the pin from his hand, pride filling me as I undid the top of my cloak and fastened the iceberg emblem just below the neckline of my dress.

Zoran's hand paused on Serene's snout and his eyes lit a fiery path where they tracked down the length of my body and took their time tracing their way back up. The emerald irises darkened as he stopped on the not-so-modest amount of skin I allowed to be shown from my collarbones to the swell of my breasts.

I cleared my throat and pulled the cloak back around myself, giving him a pointed look as I said, "Now who's staring, hm?"

I am, he rumbled in my head.

I can hear you too, by the way, my dragon said to Zoran.

The ground trembled beneath my feet and Serene crept back a few steps, head sinking as she whined. I tucked her scale inside my cloak with the other two, and pressed my hand to her leg, concern drawing my eyebrows together. Zoran stepped in front of me as the wind whipped at his hair and blew back the collar of his undone dress shirt. Despite the penetrating cold, his sleeves were still rolled to his elbows.

Irritated, I maneuvered around Zoran and stood beside him as Hyrule rose to his full height and walked to the edge of the glittering water on the other side of the lake. The sun beams glinted off the massive dragon's golden scales as he expanded his wings to their full length and took off into the air. His gargantuan form blocked out the sun as he flew above us, casting a giant shadow over Clear Water. With a mighty roar and powerful beats of his wings, Hyrule shot upwards in a sharp angle, climbing with incredible speed into the sky. Once he was flying among the clouds, he widened his jaw and let out a stream of spark fire.