88. Happy Ending?

En başından başla

Sanskaar : what... what did you do to her?
Aashita : nothing much..... we just shot her and then engraved her...... while she was still alive....

She whispered the last sentence in Sanskaar's ears which not only gave him goosebumps but he felt his heart almost stopped for a second. A lone tear dropped from his eye. Prem comes and wipes his tears.

Prem : ah ow.... What did you do, doll? You made him cry. So sad....
They both burst out laughing seeing Sanskaar's vulnerable state.
Sanskaar : why.... WHY??
He screamed on top of his lungs.
Prem : because... she knew about our plans and wanted to alert Durgaprasad....

Sanskaar : what?? What's the connection? Why did you kill her?
Aashita explains the whole scenario to him. Sanskaar is dumbstruck. He just doesn't know what to say. His friend, his Kavita was trying to protect his family.

Aashita : so you see.... Use toh marna hi tha...

Sanskaar was enraged listening to this. He clenched his fist and kicked Prem who was standing in front of him. Prem stumbled and fell down on his back. He shouted. Aashita got angry seeing this, she picked up the baseball bat and was about to hit him when Prem shouted to stop her.
Prem : aashi, stop it. No.....

Aashita : but Daddy, he....

Prem : no, we cannot kill him just yet. We have to get his signatures on the paper otherwise we'll never get the industry or the properties. Isko toh main dekhta hun....

He angrily got up and punched Sanskaar left and right. He ordered the goons to beat him until he gives in and signs the paper.
Sanskaar : I'll die but will never let you have my Kaka's hardwork and his dream. Never.
He says in between screams from punches.

<FLASHBACK ENDS>

Sanskaar pauses and looks at Pooja who was devastated. With help of Ragini, he stood up and walked towards Pooja who was standing like a corpse in Abhay's arms. He cupped her face and made her look in his eyes.

Sanskaar : I'm so sorry, pooja... because of me, my family.... you lost your sister who your family. I'm so sorry.

Tears roll downed their eyes. Everyone was so emotional and sad to even say anything. Pooja gasped finally registering the reality. She broke down and Sanskaar hugged her tightly. He felt as if he didn't protect her, she'll be snatched from him.

Sanskaar: Poo, I'm so sorry. Please say something.
Pooja: I want them to be destroyed, Bhai. I want them to suffer like I did. Like we all did. They should die a painful death, Bhai like my Di did.

She said through her gritted teeth with nothing but revenge and hatred in her teary-red eyes. Abhay squeezed her shoulders and Sanskaar nodded.

Sanskaar: I promise, Poo. They'll beg for their death. They'll rot in jail, Poo. I promise.
He said kissing her forehead and then taking her in his embrace. Ragini wipes her tears and puts her hand on Sanskaar's back. He looks at her and let go off Pooja.
RP: Then what happened?

Kabir: Let me, sir.

Kabir spoke when he saw Sanskaar was exhausted and too tired to continue. Sanskaar nodded at him and drank some water while sitting next to Adarsh.

Kabir: As soon as I reached the location, I informed the police. I first saw Adarsh. There was only one goon in his room, so I took care of him and rescued Adarsh. He didn't have the energy to fight but we had to do it. And then we found Swara and Laksh. Swara was the least injured, so she helped me in fighting the goons.

Shomi hugged Swara hearing this. She always knew her daughter was brave.

Kabir: But it was difficult to get to Sir because not only there were so many goons but Prem and Aashita were there too. That's when we heard that they were the ones who had attacked Ragini on Sanskaar's birthday.
Ragini: What?

Dadi: Laado, you were attacked?
Dadi immediately engulfed Ragini in her embrace. Ragini felt her bullet bruise through her blouse and looked at Sanskaar.
Sanskaar: The bullet was meant for me, but you got hit.

He whispered slowly with apologetic eyes. Ragini shook her head and hugged him, shivering at the thought of Sanskaar getting hurt.

Dp: Why didn't you tell us anything? Sanskaar, you could have got killed. Why do you kids always hide things from us?

Ap: seriously.. all of you. (She said pointing at her injured kids) Always trying to be brave and doing it on your own. Sometimes it's necessary to involve your elders but no. all of you are so stubborn.

Ap cries. Dp puts his arm around her shoulder, pacifying us.
Kabir: I'm sure they didn't want to worry you, Sir. Mam.
Sujata (scoffed): are we not worried now, chore?
Ragini : What happened then?

Kabir: Before we could do something, police came there, for a change on time. Prem and Aashita tried to run but were caught.

Inspector: It didn't took much for them to vomit about their crimes and schemes. And we got everything on record along with the proofs. Now, those father and daughter will rot in jail for the rest of their lives.
Ishan : Kabir took everyone to hospital where we met them. Sanskaar wanted to come here asap so we took him but he has to see a doctor. Infact, all of them do.

Mona: And once again, I'm so sorry that because of my dysfunctional family all of you were dragged into this mess. And Pooja, I can't emphasise more on how much it hurts me that someone from relation was the one who took your family away. Please forgive me.

Pooja; No didi, why are you saying sorry? I know no one can fill Kavi Di's void but I still got this wonderful family.

Mona nodded emotionally and hugged Pooja. Inspector went away with his team after completing the formalities. VR called a family doctor who came in no time to check up on everyone. Swara was immediately told a week of bed rest and so were the others. The ladies thanked the Gods above who safely sent their children back to them.
Kabir: I should also leave.
Uttara: No, you can't go.
Sujata (Glaring): Chorii...
Uttara: Mom, he saved my brothers, my Bhabhi, we can't just let him go. Please come and have dinner with us.
She insisted. Kabir smiled but then lowered his gaze as he found Sujata glaring at him. He cleared his throat as Sujata took her daughter away.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ragini: How are you feeling now, Sansku?
She asked giving him a towel, as Sanskaar came out of washroom. He smiled after wiping his face.

Sanskaar: now that I have seen you, I'm perfectly fine.

Ragini: I was so scared. You've no idea how difficult these few hours were for me. and nobody allowed me go and look for you.
Sanskaar: and for that I'll give everyone a medal.

He chuckled as Ragini pouted. He took her in his embrace and inhaled her fragrance.
Sanskaar: I missed you so much, Ginu.

Whenever I felt weak, I just thought about you and that gave me strength to fight and be strong so that I could come back to you.
He whispered slowly. Ragini hugged him tightly as a few tears dripped down her cheeks.

Ragini: I love you so much, Sansku.
Sanskaar: I love you too.

He pulled away and kissed her passionately just showing how much he loves her.