Chapter 25: So close but yet so far.

As Coward and Elara continued their journey towards the Holy Kingdom of Alure, Coward's mind was occupied by the mysteries of this new world and its magic. The encounter with the village of illusion had given him a small glimpse into how magic operated here, but it was far from a complete understanding.

He mulled over the information he had gathered a thing he's didn't do much in the Kingdom, formulating hypotheses and speculations about the nature of magic in this world. His experiences in battles against magic users had revealed certain patterns. Attacks made purely with magic seemed to have little effect on him, which was a stark contrast to the physical attacks he had encountered. Denselle, the Equalizer, had demonstrated this when she had easily stabbed him, leaving him bewildered.

Furthermore, Coward's battle with the Shadowclaw had left him perplexed. The creature had wielded magic that affected space and time, a concept that defied his understanding. While he had managed to survive the encounter, he knew that he was not impervious to such magic, and it raised questions about the limits of his abilities in this world.

Coward was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't notice Elara's approach until she was standing right in front of him. Her face was close, so close that he could feel the gentle warmth of her breath against his skin. Startled, he blinked and looked down at her, his thoughts momentarily scattered.

"Elara," he said, his voice a bit softer than usual, his gaze locked onto her emerald eyes. He hadn't expected her to be so close, and the sudden proximity left him feeling slightly flustered.

Elera move back and just give him a playful smile, "You were so engrossed on you're thinking and scribbling i thought i give a little peak, her eyes widen and a playful spark in the way she talk, "Oh is it something private...something lewd..." she giggled.

Coward's cheeks turned a faint shade of pink as Elara teased him. He cleared his throat, his typically reserved demeanor reasserting itself. "No, nothing like that," he replied, his voice steady. "Just thinking about our journey and the things we've encountered so far."

He glanced down at his notebook, realizing that his musings had led him to jot down some rather personal reflections. Quickly, he closed it, concealing his inner thoughts. "Shall we continue?" he asked, attempting to steer the conversation back to their journey.

"I'd rather we take a rest and talk about your thoughts a little.." Elera teased. Coward just sigh a birth of relief as he learn to understood and accept Elera's playfulness nature. 

He chuckled, a rare display of amusement. "You really are quite the curious one, aren't you?" he remarked, his stoic demeanor softening. "Very well, what would you like to know?"

Elera's eyes sparkled with mischief. "Oh, just a little glimpse into the mind of the mysterious Coward. What's been occupying your thoughts so deeply?"

He gave her a wry smile. "Well, I've been pondering the nature of magic in this world, and how it seems to vary so greatly from what I've known." What he know meant he know nothing since this is the only world he encounter said magic.

Elera tilted her head, her expression thoughtful. "That is quite intriguing. Do you have any theories?"

Coward nodded. "I suspect that the rules of magic here are different, more fluid. My encounters with various magical beings have left me with more questions than answers."

Elera leaned in closer, her voice hushed. "Tell me, have you ever encountered something truly otherworldly?"

Elera's curiosity deepened. "And have you encountered magic that defies explanation?"

He nodded. "Indeed. Magic that distorts time and space, that seems to defy the laws of reality as I understand them."

Elera's eyes shone with fascination. "It sounds both wondrous and terrifying."