Chapter 4: Entwined Red tape

In the Kingdom of Elysium, the marriage system was far from traditional, embodying a unique blend of cultural values, individual freedom, and social harmony. This innovative approach was rooted in the reign of the Just King, who sought to establish a society where relationships thrived on mutual respect, consent, and cooperation.

Polygamy, a practice often met with controversy in many cultures, was surprisingly embraced and regulated in Elysium. The Just King believed that love and partnerships should not be bound by societal norms, but rather by the genuine feelings shared between individuals. Thus, he introduced a revolutionary agreement that allowed for multiple marriages under specific circumstances, promoting open communication and consent among all parties involved.

The dynamic of polygamy was woven into the fabric of Elysian society with careful consideration. When an individual desired to take multiple spouses, they would need to navigate a meticulous process. First and foremost, they had to seek the approval of their existing spouse or spouses, ensuring that the new addition would be welcomed into the fold. Communication, trust, and mutual understanding were paramount, and the consent of all parties was essential before any new marriage could take place.

The Just King's reasoning behind this revolutionary approach was both philosophical and pragmatic. He believed that true love could not be confined or limited, that the heart's capacity to love was boundless. By legalizing polygamy, he aimed to eliminate the stigma often associated with alternative relationship structures, fostering an atmosphere of acceptance and open-mindedness.

Advantages of this system included fostering strong bonds among spouses who shared their lives, resources, and responsibilities. Families were interconnected, forming a network of support and cooperation. Children grew up in a loving and nurturing environment, surrounded by multiple caregivers who provided diverse perspectives and experiences.

However, the system also came with its own set of challenges. Jealousy, miscommunication, and differing expectations were pitfalls that needed to be navigated carefully. The concept of equality among spouses was paramount, as the system's success hinged on mutual respect and consent. Over time, the dynamics evolved, leading to discussions around emotional well-being, division of household responsibilities, and ensuring each spouse's happiness.

In essence, the Kingdom of Elysium's unique marriage system and acceptance of polygamy were reflective of a society that placed immense value on individual freedom, mutual respect, and the pursuit of authentic connections. The Just King's visionary approach aimed to redefine love and relationships in a way that aligned with the changing cultural landscape while promoting emotional and social harmony.

Although the marriage system embraced polygamy as a means of fostering relationships, there existed a dark guild that sought to exploit the intricacies of these polygamic unions. This nefarious guild targeted the loopholes within the relationships between aristocrats and commoners, aiming to manipulate their vulnerabilities for their own gain.

The dark guild recognized that within the complex web of polygamic relationships, power imbalances often emerged, especially when aristocrats married multiple commoners. These imbalances were skillfully exploited, leading to financial and emotional manipulation that favored the guild's interests. Commoners, enamored by their aristocratic spouses and eager to maintain their newfound status, became increasingly dependent on the guild for assistance, advice, and resources.

The guild established a clandestine network of agents who infiltrated these relationships, sowing seeds of discord and mistrust. They fabricated false information, exaggerated misunderstandings, and manufactured problems to create a sense of chaos within these polygamic unions. As the aristocrats and commoners quarreled, the dark guild seized the opportunity to offer their services as mediators and problem solvers, further ingratiating themselves into the lives of these families.