Name

I shield my eyes with my hands as they flash open, the sun bleeding through the gaps in the walls blinding me.

I let my vision adjust to the light and drop my arms down to my sides, pushing myself up against the wall behind me. 

I barely slept last night, yet somehow I slept better than I have the entire time I've been in the glade.

I was able to hear the boys shouting at each other while I was falling asleep, Minho was pissed that Newt 'didn't know who did it' and wouldn't stop pushing for more answers.

There was definitely tension between them last night, especially when I agreed to talk to Newt instead of literally anybody else. 

Im still curious as to why they fought the day I went into the maze, but I don't think it actually had anything to do with me. Honestly, if I'm not actually involved I don't care very much.

My eyes dart around the room a bit and I see that the hut is empty, so I decide to leave. I'm probably not supposed to, but what are they gonna do? 

My feet hit the floor and as I stand my spine is instantly shot with pain. My sides and hips are sore, and my ribs feel cracked from the pressure put on them when I was throwing up. 

I have to ground myself and make sure I don't fall over before walking, but after shaking out my limbs a bit I start making my way over to the door. 

The sun is even brighter outside of the hut, so I re-cover my eyes and keep trying to move around. 

Unsure of where I'm actually going, I let my feet go whatever direction they choose. I hear the chatter of a few boys echoing around me and assume it's probably already around lunchtime.

I make a decision to head to the kitchens. Even though I'm not actually supposed to work, I still want to talk to Frypan. I doubt anyone actually told him I'm not working, so I'd rather make sure he knows than get lectured by him whenever I do work again.

I feel bad having to make him work alone, which has happened multiple times now. He's the only other cook and he's always insanely stressed whether I'm working or not.

I come to a sudden halt a few feet away from the kitchen, hearing a shout behind me. I notice that Frypan isn't actually in there before turning around to see him jogging towards me.

He stops and starts to walk once he's closer to me, "Greenie where the hell have you been?" His face twists into one of anger and confusion before he nods his head, signifying that he wants an answer.

I shrug, 'Medhut.'

His eyes widen before he shakes his head, "It's always something with you, isn't it?"

I give a sheepish smile and he walks past me, into the kitchen. I follow closely behind and as he begins to take out ingredients and supplies, I sit down on the ground out of his way.

He grabs different vegetables, pots and what I think may be salt. Honestly you never really know what you're working with in the glade.

'Whatcha making?' I tilt my head, holding out the vowels as I talk.

"No idea. Just gonna throw some stuff over the flame and hope its well-" he squints and presses his lips into a thin line, "edible enough?"

I grin at his plan, I get the same answer from him every time I ask. 

He starts to cut up potatoes with the dull knifes we have, then a tomato, then he grabs some corn.

'Corn is so stupid.' I declare, crossing my arms.