Friends close, Enemies closer

I end up wandering into the deadheads, after aimlessly letting my legs carry me around the glade.

I let myself breath again as I drop against a tree somewhere deep enough so that I cant see any manmade parts of the glade anymore. Im not too far from where all the bodies get buried. 

I run a hand through my hair, looking up to the sky and being met with the sight of leaves and branches.

I flinch slightly as I hear something in front of me, but when I look down I notice Gally standing a few feet away from me. 

I send him a questioning look and he just looks down before walking closer to me. I slide over slightly as he stands over me to make room if he decides to sit down, which he does.

Our shoulders push against each other and just like every other time I've been alone with someone, there's a deafening silence. 

Im so tired of being quiet.

'Whats going on Gally?' I tilt my head to face him, his expression is blank and honestly it looks like there isn't a thought behind those eyes.

"I dunno." He shrugs and continues to stare forward.

'Alright well, find something to have going on cause I'm bored.' 

"Uh, okay. Literally all of the builders had to get stitches today. Like, every single one."

'Oh shuck, how'd that happen?'

"I have no clue. Clint and Jeff came up to me before dinner and yelled at me about it though."

'Damn, sorry Gal.'

"Its alright."

'Jeff is kinda fine.'

"W-what?"

I look at him and see a genuine look of horror on his face. I start laughing uncontrollably. He shortly starts to laugh as well. Every time I start to calm down I just start laughing even harder, this goes on till my ribs hurt and I'm practically gasping for air. Eventually Gally has to shake my shoulders to get me back to reality.

It wasn't even that funny, I just haven't been able to laugh like that since I got put in the glade. It's nice.

I can't cover up the smile that is now etched across my cheeks, and I rest my head on his shoulder.

We continue to talk until the sun sets and I can barely see the forest surrounding us. When it gets a little too late he stands up and leads me out of the trees.

The whole time we're walking back to the homestead I'm ranting to him about how he's my "Gal-pal" since I don't have any other girls in the glade. He doesn't like the name but I don't care what he thinks, unless some other girl comes up here he's stuck with me.

We split up and go to our own rooms. I change into my one pair of shorts I can actually sleep in, and the biggest shirt I have. 

I may or may not have stolen the shirt from Thomas's room while he was running but he doesn't have to know.

I sit down on my janky bed, and I just stare at the wall in front of me.