9.╰┈➤NEW AWARENESS

Start from the beginning

"Stage fright. I can organise a session to help you with that. Your father was really disappointed and the school is receiving a few disparaging comments. Our website is quite ...colourful as we speak. It's our job to put in the effort to make you the better version of yourself. And help you in any way we can."

" I am the better version of myself thanks for caring. Is that all you have to say?"

"We have to organise a session."

"Is there anything else that we are going to talk about other than my alleged stage fright?"

Miss Suiton shook her head. "No. Taehyung," her phone that lay on the table vibrated before the screen lit up. She glanced at it then flipped it over before proceeding. "...whether you like it or not, you will be taking a few social interaction lessons after your classes from 4:15 to 5:30 p.m. It will be short and we will make it a fun experience and most importantly, effective."

"Why would you call me here when I had no option?"

" To alert you. It would have been better if you agreed willingly."

"Who said I would refuse?"

" Mind how you talk to me."

" Just a question. May I leave or are there other "voluntary" sessions I should know about?"

She subtly nodded.

It felt wrong. This was wrong that he remained seated, arching a brow and waiting for Miss Suiton to say something along the lines of; "Oh, I forgot to mention..." or " you are suspended." Did his father do something? Turn a blind eye to his fault? Overlook that he attempted, no, that he ruined an important deal? Wasn't the deal a big fucking deal? What about the burns? They should have raised suspicion. They should have questioned it, investigated it.

"You may go now." Miss Suiton said, taking out a file and a pen from a drawer.

If Miss Suiton wasn't saying anything, then it meant...

His father had it handled.

His father was ready to kill him.

He stood up, a lump forming in his throat, anticipation and nervousness brewing.

More cups of tea.

__________________

The buzz with Nate died down quicker than anyone expected. For the seniors, that was decades old news.

Sora wasn't accustomed to the class being full 80 per cent of the time, noses buried into books, pencils scribbling. She expected people to go for their break and prolong it so that she could have a short nap but no...studying is more important than your stomach, apparently.

Another thing that was ass itching difficult is when she had a question. Her mother wasn't here to help. Her phone was locked in her dorm room and Google wasn't her friend until Friday evening.

Thank goodness it was Friday.

In the row beside her, Irene was mumbling under her breath, her pen following a paragraph of words in her history textbook. Sora contemplated risking it. She clenched her fingers, releasing her index finger and hyping herself up to tap Irene's shoulder then thought against that idea. Her arms were not as long. She had to stretch more than a metre to touch Irene. Saying Excuse me was terrifying. But how bad can it be?

She parted her lips

Nop nop nonononop. It was hard. It was fucking hard. And embarrassing! She tried clearing her throat but ended up choking on air. She snapped her head to the side, bursting out a few coughs before resting her face on her palms and cringing hard.