[19] come watch the sunset with me?

»good morning« nick saw alyssa's eyes open slowly. He had woken up about half an hour before her but he needed to keep the promise for made himself. He brushed the hair that were falling on her face behind her ear and pressed a kiss on her head. She smiled and leaned to his touch. He hugged her and held her until she would move. Though, she didn't move. He stroked her hair while she drew small figures on his chest.

»are you okay?« he asked carefuly. He wasn't sure how to even bring it up. »mhm« she barely answered. »bellie« he stopped stroking her hair and looked down. She looked up at him and sighed. »i can still taste it, theo. I can still feel his hands on me and i hate it« her eyes started watering. Hearing those words come out of her mouth broke his heart in more ways than just one. He hated that the trip that was suppost to be fun and good for her turned out to be the complete opposite. He hated that his cousin did that to her. he hated that she felt so bad and he hated the fact that he couldn't make it better. »im sorry« he looked down. She shook her head, sat up and cupped his face with her hands »no, no theo it's not your fault. I need you to understand that this is not your fault« he looked up at her and nodded. »ok. Im gonna shower now, okay?« he nodded again and alyssa stood up, walking to the bathroom.

»hey, nick? Can you give me a shirt? I forgot to take one« was heard about twenty minutes later. nick yelled a quick 'yeah' and walked to her suitcase. He searched for a comfy shirt but he didn't find anything comfy enough. She than walked to his suitcase and took out a grey shirt.
»here« he passed her a shirt through barely opened doors. He heard a scoff and smiled »thanks«.

The day went on normaly. The pair had lunch with nicks mom and step dad, they went on a walk and than cleaned up around the house. The two were in the living room, nicks parents out of town for the night, when the girl asked an important question »who will be at that family dinner?« she stroked nicks hair. Alyssa was sitting up while his head rested on her lap. »my mom, yiannis, my grandparent and uh the karalis family« his voice lowered at the end of the sentence. Xan will be there. »i wanted to talk to you about that, actualy« he sat up and continued »i can book us a flight before the dinner. We don't have to stay for dinner« alyssa shook her head as soon as he finished the first sentence. »no, nick they are your family. You probaly don't see them very often considering they live accross the fucking world?« nick took her hands in his »alyssa the only person that lives here and i actualy care about is my mother. she comes to america every now and than to visit. My grandparents barely recognize me and we arent close. You already know how i feel about xan, so the only person other than my mom that i have respect for is cassia. She can visit me, and you, anytime she wants« alyssa tried to look for at least a little doubt in his eyes but she saw none. »are you sure?« he nodded and smiled. »thank you« she hugged him and in that moment, both of them realized that there is no way the two could survive without eachother.

_

»μωρό μου επιστρέψαμε« [baby, we are back] the voice of nick's mom echoed through the house. Nick and alyssa came downstairs and greeted the two. They were packing.
Alyssa helped katerina make lunch and the older lady even thought her how to say a few words and sentences in greek. Nick than made the table and they all sat down to eat together.

»μαμά Γιάννη... φεύγουμε απόψε. δεν θα μείνουμε για το δείπνο« [mom, yiannis... we're leaving tonight. We will not stay for the dinner.] nick spoke up in the middle of lunch. »τι; ήδη?« [what? Already?] his mom asked. »Ναί. σου είπα τι έγινε στο γάμο. Θα το επισκεφτώ ξανά σύντομα, μην ανησυχείτε.« [yes. i told you what happened at the wedding. i will visit soon again, don't worry.] his mom looked at her husband and he nodded.