"What did I say about being too loud?" The man, Jung Hoseok asked, his hands on his hip.

"Yeah, I know. But this is important. I need pillows. Now!" Tae tried to urge.

The man shook his head with a desperate sigh before calling one of the servants and asked him to bring the pillows upstairs with Tae.

Soon, Tae was standing near the bed once again.

"Keep the pillows in here" Tae pointed at the bedside table and then continued, "come and hold him up until I arrange it for him"

"Yes sir" the servant said before doing as he was told.

"Please be gentle" Tae said as the servant slowly held Jungkook's head up. "He has a broken rib. I don't know how they missed to do this" Tae murmured, leaning down to place the pillows like a wedge for the upper body.

"Elevation helps to reduce the pain" he said to no one and keeps on arranging the pillows.

But all of a sudden, he was met with the eyes that was currently sending daggers at him.

"What are you doing?"

The sudden throaty voice startled Tae but it didn't show on his face. He stood up straight, ignorning the question and calmly gestured the servant to lay Jungkook back down on the bed.

"You shouldn't lie flat when you have a broken rib. Pain may get worse" Tae said once Jungkook got settled on the bed and then pointed to the pillow arrangements he made, "This may help you sleep better and will also make your breathing a little easier"

Jungkook just stared blankly at him for a few seconds before turning his head to stare at the ceiling silently.

"It's tiring for me to run downstairs everytime I need assistance. Is there anyway I can communicate here or can i have one of your phone numbers?" Tae asked the servant, not minding Jungkook's attitude. He had dealt with many patients like this. Besides, he heard so much about this rich, spoiled brat from his colleagues that he was not surprised by this attitude at all.

The man pointed at the small flat black screen on the wall near the door, which Tae haven't noticed before.

"Just press 1 on it and I will be here in a minute. By the way, call me Lucas. I am the head servant of this household" the man said before walking towards the door.

Tae was about to introduce himself but the man was already walking out of the door. 'Why everyone in this house looks gloomy?' his brows furrowed in question.

"I need water"

The voice once again startled Tae and he quickly walked to the bedside table, pouring a glass of water. When he took the glass near the chapped lips of Jeon Jungkook, "my hands are perfectly fine" he heard and the glass was clutched out of his hand.

"Okay" Tae just shrugged his shoulders and stood back.

Though he just wanted to let the brat suffer by himself, he can't help but say, "Take it slow" when he saw how Jungkook grimaced in pain after every sip.

But the guy just silently placed the glass back on the table and closed his eyes as if Tae didn't exist at all.

Tae watched Jungkook for a minute longer with judging eyes before he dragged himself to the only lounge chair in the room and sat heavily.

It was a rough day today. He woke up early in the morning to prepare breakfast for his little brother and then took a bus to travel 45 minutes out of the city to this place that was surrounded by lush green hills. He had heard how the rich people likes to live in a big house surrounded by nature but this was his first time actually seeing a house as big as this, let alone entering the inner gate that was actually half a kilometer walk from the front gate. The little breakfast he had got spent on the walk itself and now his stomach was rumbling.

But being hungry is not new to him. In the process of trying his best to provide for his little brother, hunger somehow became a constant presence in his life.

Tae turned towards the big transparent glass wall that faced the hills and let himself sink in the chair more comfortably. He doesn't know how he is going to spend his next few days beside this person who's attitude pissed him off to no extent.

If it was not for his profession, he would have already punched jungkook, making yet another bruise, for showing this shitty attitude to him. As a nurse, he would do his best to help Jungkook recover.

But something tells him that the patience he very slowly cultivated through the years is about to be tested soon.

[Author: English is not my first language. If I made any mistakes, please forgive me.

If you liked this chapter, let me know in the comments. It will motivate me to write more and post on regular basis. 👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️]