Vol.2: Forging bonds

Start from the beginning

She wasn't going to let this go was she...

Ei POV

I sat at the computer I'd perhaps recklessly bought, tapping away as I played the game before me, grinning as I slaughtered another player.

Until my weekend was interrupted that is, by Venti barging through the door, how he had so many spare keys was concerning.

"Ei! Zhongli and-" he was cut off my his own exhaustion as he spoke.

"Can't you see I'm busy here Venti" I muttered in frustration.

"Sakayanagi's been going around calling Zhongli her brother!"

My eyes widened before I realised the fairly obvious flaw in his statement.

"It's probably just metaphorical." I said boredly, seriously, what is wrong with that bard and wasting time...

"No! When people asked if it was biological they both said yes!?"

I paled slightly as I processed the words, it was obviously a lie, but I couldn't figure out why Morax would entertain the idea unless...

He felt bad for her... This was like Furina all over again...

I sat back in my chair and sighed before responding.

"Didn't you notice she was quiet after the fight?"

He seemed to ponder those words for a moment before speaking up.

"I suppose so, I wasn't really paying attention... Hehe~" he responded awkwardly causing me to sigh slightly.

"Well he probably gave some speach about being a brother for her and she's run with it."

I watched him consider the possibility before nodding quickly.

"That makes so much sense!"

He said that so convincingly that if I didn't know him I'd genuinely think he hadn't already thought the same.

"So~"

Oh no.

"I have a wonderful little idea~"

Please stop talking.

"Why don't we pretend to be twins or something?~ We're similar ages anyway and it'll be really funny!"

I considered instantly shutting down the idea before I began to think... With this class C and D would have a reason to cooperate, or at least it would be easy to communicate, especially since I had a feeling that Zhongli would push Sakayanagi to use class B as a shield of sorts.

I watched him grin as he saw me considering the idea.

"Aw~ I'm so glad you see me like that oneesan~"

I glared at the boy sharply.

"Repeat that and I will kill you."

"Sure, sure~" he said cheerfully "oneesan~" bolting out the room as he finished the statement, quickly being followed by my own steps as I gave chase.

I really hate that fucking bard sometimes.

Ayanokouji POV

As I leant against the roof's railing I waited for her to arrive, absentmindedly drumming my fingers against the metal.

I'd picked up the trait from Venti, apparently it was a bit weird how still I was when standing around so I decided to fake a habit.

My thoughts were cut off by the door opening, my head turning towards the sound before I spotted the girl in the doorway.