S2 E21: Pups Save An Eagle! Skye Faces Her Fear!!

March 22nd, 2030

Everyone had healed up from their cold. Ben had arrived later that day to see all of the six original pups cuddled up with Ryder as he slept on the floor in a sleeping bag, with Katie watching over them. Ben had noticed some changes in Ryder since he had gone to Adventure City. For starters, Ryder was more open with his emotions and more honest. He wasn't as afraid to voice if he didn't like something, or if he was upset. He also seemed... happier. And not that fake happiness he usually exerted. He was genuinely happier. Perhaps an invisible burden of some sort had been lifted from his shoulders after he told the rest of the PAW Patrol about his troubles.

Similarly, Ben also came clean himself. He told Ryder the real reason why he had gone to Adventure City: to investigate Mayor Humdinger running for office there. "I would have told you sooner, but I did not want to distract you from your duties here in Adventure Bay. Besides, if I had told you in front of the other pups, Chase might have gotten upset. We both know how touchy he is regarding Adventure City." Ben explained.

"I understand, but don't keep something like this from me again. Okay Ben?" Ryder asked.

"Got it." Ben had promised.

Right now, Ben was watching Skye trampoline while Marshall, Rubble, Zuma, and Chase held the trampoline cloth. All of a sudden, Ryder called the pups on their pup tags. "PAW Patrol, to the Lookout!" Ryder exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement.

This was their first rescue in over a week. Ben grinned at this. The pups and Ryder had nearly gone stir crazy from being cooped up inside the Lookout for so long. Now it was time for them to get back to work! The pups dropped the cloth and started to run to the Lookout elevator, with Ben quickly catching Marshall and carrying him into the elevator. Tuck, Ella, and Wild came into the elevator too with Alex in tow. The lift then started to ascend, pausing at the halfway point to dress everyone in their gear before raising up to the control room. Everyone stepped out of the elevator and lined up in front of Ryder. "PAW Patrol, ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase exclaimed.

"Thanks for coming so quickly, pups. Chickaletta needs our help. She's in a backpack hanging from a branch on the side of a cliff and there's an eagle close by. We've got to get her down before that branch breaks." Ryder instructed.

"That eagle could be dangerous to small flying creatures like Chickaletta. And me!" Skye whimpered.

Ben patted the cockapoo on her head and gave her some chin scratches as Ace came up from the ground floor. The pilot was about to say something, but she kept her mouth shut as they were in the middle of a mission briefing. "Don't worry, Skye. For this rescue, we won't need air support unless the situation changes. Chase, I need you and your winch to pull Chickaletta up to the top of the cliff. Marshall, I need you below with your truck and ladder in case Chickaletta falls." Ryder instructed.

"Chase is on this case!" The German Shepherd roared.

"I'm ready for a ruff ruff rescue!" Marshall cheered.

"PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder declared as he slid down the fire pole to the garage while Chase and Marshall slid down the slide to their vehicles.

Meanwhile, Ben and Ace were trying to calm Skye down. "Shh, it's okay. That eagle is all the way over there, it can't hurt you!" Ben reassured Skye.

"Okay, Marshall, take the road down below the cliff. Chase and I will head up to Mayor Goodway." Ryder told the dalmatian as they split up. As they took the road to get to Mayor Goodway, they heard the eagle's shrill shriek as they passed by it. "That eagle doesn't sound very happy." Ryder remarked.