S1 E10: Pups Save A Hoot! Chase's Commitments!

September 29th, 2029

It was a windy autumn day in Adventure Bay. Ben and Alex were playing catch outside of the lookout, while Rubble was getting up from a nap and going to eat, and Chase was holed up in his puphouse. "I'm starving!" Rubble exclaimed as his stomach rumbled.

"Hoo?" A shrill voice asked.

"Who? ME, that's who, whoever you are!" Rubble giggled as he went over to his food bowl.

More 'hoo' sounds could be heard as a banging noise was heard on Chase's puphouse door. "Who's there?" Chase wondered as he opened up his puphouse.

"Hoo?" He heard in response.

Looking down, he saw a tiny little baby owl on the ground. "Who who? Oh, I get it! Yoo-hoo, you were calling me! Heh heh! That's funny. I like you." Chase giggled as he looked at the little bird. Then he realized what he was talking to. "Wait, you're not a knock-knock joke. You're an owl, a tiny owl. What's your name, little guy?" Chase asked the pink colored avian. Another hoot was given as a reply once the owl flapped its wings and landed on his nose. "We just did that. You're a hoot! Hey, that's a good name for you. Little Hootie." Chase exclaimed, taking a liking to this nickname.

The fledgling owl flapped and hooted several times, before drooping her head sadly. "Is something wrong? Well, you picked the right pup." Chase promised.

Alex saw the owl and began to run towards it, seeing it as a meal-- Ben was still training the wolf cub to not hunt and follow through on his predator, wild instincts. "Alex! No. That is not a toy or something to hunt!" Ben commanded, causing Alex to curl up into a ball before wrapping himself around Ben's leg sadly.

"Um, Chase, you help your little friend with their problem. Keep them away from Alex, okay? I don't want him chasing after her." Ben asked.

Hootie chirped before flying off, and Chase followed his bird pal. Hootie was blown back by the strong fall winds onto Chase's nose. "Show me the way, little Hootie!" Chase said. Hootie flapped and got back in the air, guiding Chase to a part of the woods. Eventually she guided him to a fallen down tree. "So the problem is this tree?" Chase asked in confusion. Hootie frantically hooted multiple times and flapped her wings, pointing at the fallen log. "Looks like it fell over in the wind... what's Hootie trying to tell me?" Chase mumbled.

As a PAW Patrol pup, Chase felt compelled, obligated to help any creature that needed assistance. He wanted to be helpful, help others. Just like Ryder helped him all those years ago when he was just a pup trying to make it to the next day on the streets of Adventure City. While Ryder's motto was "No job is too big, no pup is too small", Ben had a more impactful motto. "Saving one's life is saving the future!" Ben would proclaim.

And so, he took that to heart. If he could help out, he would. Being the leader of the pups was hard, but he took pride in it. Someone had to lead, after all. Hootie stomped her talon on the trunk, bringing Chase out of his thoughts. "Huh?" Chase pondered as Hootie pointed her wing down a hole in the branch. A motherly 'hoo' reached his ears as a wing poked out and rubbed Hootie's face. "There's another owl in there...? It's stuck, but it seems to be okay for now." Chase noted. Then he had an idea. "Don't worry! Chase is on the case! I'll just dig down under the tree and the owl can get out." Chase told his owl friend, and began to dig his way underneath the log.

Suddenly, the tree began to slide down the cliff, and got extremely close to the cliff edge! "Oh no!" Chase shouted as he ran after the tree. The owl mother poked its head out from a hole on the bottom. "Don't worry, you two. I'll get some help so we can take care of this! We will save you!" The German Shepherd promised before running back to the Lookout.