Lovely

"Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home"

Birds chirping outside with their honey-filled tone, the bright rays of sun illuminating the dark hours, and last but not least the annoying sound of the alarm that'll beckon you out of your dreams no matter what, were the things that made the tottering woman wake up..

Kneading her eyes together with her feeble and calloused fingers which was the result of constant physical drain out 24/7, no matter whether it was work time or staying at home, she looked at the bedsheets being a total mess, as she remembered the last night..

It was the worst night ever, the pain she wanted to forget and the memories she wanted to erase from her mind again became the cause of her own remorse after years, as she looked under her blanket for any suspicious thing..

Thankfully there were none..

Park Chaeyoung, 25 years old, a single parent, an adept and proficient employee in her office, single-handedly maintaining the life of her 5-year-old kid, with a bright and genial smile that hides a lot of pain behind it, but she knows how to handle it..

But now for her, this information was just a show off according to her mindset, remembering how she accidentally met her ex-husband at a bar, making out with another woman while there were strippers all around him, her heart broke into pieces..

She didn't love him the way she used to, she called herself naive for believing in him so faithfully, now it has taught her a cold-blooded lesson to never ever be optimistic about true love, for her it was just an English word that didn't exist in her subconscious..

She still remembered how her husband who was the same age as hers, made her believe how much of a trustworthy man he was, as they both stuck to each other since they were 19 and married each other at 20, unless she realized he used to come late from office, not because of late night shifts, but he just liked to cling to different skins..

The mixed scents of the strong perfumes of the woman that clung to him in the bar were the biggest eye-opener for Chaeyoung when she smelled it from his shirt, and then witnessed the scene with her own eyes..

It had been 3 years since she left him, for her own good, at least she was better off now without him, but just couldn't control her emotions when she again saw him doing the same thing in the bar last night, regretting why she was so stupid back then..

Her heart though recollected the broken pieces by itself as she found herself dancing in the same bar in front of him, but she didn't care as she swayed her hips in the air, going back and chugging on the glass of margarita, the thing she didn't do since she married him..

She broke her rules after five years and enjoyed the night, her mind slowly drifting to her little girl, who was at the daycare since she came late from work, but she didn't care right now, she was high as hell and wanted the time all by herself..

Men came and touched her everywhere, but didn't pay much attention to her noticing how she was still in her office attire, dressed in a black and white suit that hid her wounded body perfectly..

Slowly and steadily, tears rolled down her cheeks as it was enough of her hiding every bit of pain she could, as she kneeled down in the corner of the dance floor, ignoring the vile comments the young girls the same age as hers were passing on Chaeyoung..

"Hey!" Chaeyoung jolted at her place as she wiped her tears, blinking several times to clear her blurred vision as she saw a man in front of her, who gave her a sympathetic smile while lending a helping hand to her..