Ch.13

Shinazugawa Pov
"I see" The man says. "How...how is Tomioka?" I look a bit confused at his question, who even was this man???

"Sorry, who are you?" The man looks up at me and smiles nervously. "Hah...guess I never introduced myself?" The man was smiling awkwardly, I shake my head and the man continues speaking.

"Im...well I was supposed to be Tomiokas step-father." I'm shocked by this new information, but not surprised. I had expected this man to be someone (blood) related to Tomioka, well technically this man isn't blood related to him.

"Supposed to?" I ask, even though I know the answer. "Yeah...I suppose you heard the rumors about the murders?" I nodded, listening carefully, since I only knew half of the story.

"Well, I was supposed to be Tsutakos husband..." The mans voice gets softer as he speaks. "Sorry." Was all I said before putting a hand on his shoulder, he looked up at me with a surprised expression, eventually a small smile appearing on his face.

"You look new around here" The man spoke up. I nodded my head, not knowing what to say. I took my hand off his shoulder and looked at him, deciding if I should say something.

I decided it would be best to say something, anything.

"I came here to find out about Tomioka, he's a demon slayer now...a hashira." The man looks surprised, he looks at me and tilts his head a bit. "Hashira?" He asks, I stare at him blankly, thinking he knew about demons I didn't explain hashiras or anything else.

"Yes, a hashira, the 9 strongest demon slayers" I say, my voice sounding proud. The man smiles, he looks proud to...

"That's great..." The man says, looking down, I noticed a more saddened...guilty expression on his face. "What happened? Tsutakos death, what happened after?" I asked, hoping to get a whole answer.

"Tsutako..." The man quietly said "After she died, everyone thought Giyuu was crazy. He would say things like a demon killed his sister, of course nobody believed him. The townspeople, after hearing Giyuu saying a demon killed his sister, had demanded he be sent to a relative of his who is a doctor."

I was a bit surprised.

"A doctor?" "Yes, to 'help' him"
Help him? I felt suprised and a bit angry? Yes. I felt angry, I was angry that a whole town would believe that a little child would murder his sister. Murder her, rip her limbs off, rip her organs out, they really thought he did that?

• A/N not everybody thought he murdered her, most thought he was crazy, but rumors said he killed her•

I looked away from the man. "Did you believe him?" I say anger laced in my tone. "No..." The man said quietly, he sounded guilty. "I wish I had" The man continued.

I looked back at the man, I was angry, angry at him, angry at the whole town.

"Well you can't change the past. Your to late" I say firmly, more anger seeping through my voice. "I...know" Said the man, he looked sorrowful. "Can...can you tell...Tomioka...im sorry?" He asks, the man was looking down at the floor, he could tell I was angry.

I nodd my head, and walk off. I could hear the man say a small thank you in the distance.