Ch.12

Shinazugawa Pov
I came to Tomiokas hometown to find out more about him, and here I am curled up in an alley way. I knew I should get up but, I felt weak like my body was weighing an extra hundred pounds.

Maybe it was the guilt...
I eventually got up, despite feeling like dog crap. I walked to a bench and sat down, took a paper from my pocket and started writing, I wrote everything I found out about Tomioka.

It wasn't alot but, I was satisfied...well almost.
I wanted to know who that peach hair colored boy was, who he was to Tomioka.

Where they friends? Lovers? Step-siblings? How long have they known each other? How did he die? When did he die?

I looked up at the sky, it still was pretty bright outside. I got up and walked around the town, I heard some people talking about the rumor, the 'Tomioka Rumor' is what im calling it. Plain I know, but it was all I could think of.

Tomioka Pov
I woke up a few hours after Shinazugawa left, I was pretty bored, just lying around the butterfly mansion. Kanroji finished her mission early, so she visited me very now and then.

But, she never was able to fill that dark void I had in my small heart. Only Tsutako and Sabito where able to fill that whole, but know around a certain person...that void is filled.

I've never expected to feel...like I could experience all my emotions again, or atleast show them.

Currently, I was lying down on my bed, at the butterfly mansion. I was supposed to go live with Shinazugawa, but he went on a "mission" so now im stuck here till Shinazugawa comes back.

I turned on my side, and closed my eyes. I didn't know what I felt like, I was kept in here like a prisoner, like I would hurt someone if let out.

I felt my eyes start to water up a bit, I quickly wiped my eyes not wanting to be seen like this.

I got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom, once I got there I locked the door and slid down on the floor. I curled up into a ball, again. I didn't cry, I just wanted to be alone,... comforted.

Shinazugawa Pov
I got up from the bench and started walking toward the train station, I couldn't find anything about the boy in Tomiokas photo. His sister though...apparently he 'killed' her, but it was a demon, and no believed him...

I felt pity for Tomioka, but knew that having pity wouldn't fix the past. I was walking to the train station when I heard a middle aged man yell at me to stop.

"Hey! Stop walking!" I turned my head to look at him, he had short brown hair, he wore thick round glasses. He came running to me as I was trying to figure who he is.

When the man caught up to me, he seemed out of breath. "You...you're from... the demon slayer...thing...right?" He said in between breaths.

"Demon slayer thing?" I say, my voice sounding firm and demanding. The man looked at my uniform then at my katana. "Destroyer of demons..." He silently said.

He looked up to me almost seeming worried or hopeful? Two very different emotions, yet he was able to express both of them at the same time.

"So demons..." The man said. "Is-" I interrupted the man, he looked like he was just getting some kind of proof of something. "Arw you going to ask about demons?" I say sternly, the man nods.

"Yes yes! Demons, they exist?" The man looked like he was getting lost in thought, I heard him mumble a few things like. "An organization maybe?" "If its real..." "Is he here" "Did I really shut him out?"

"Is something wrong?" I ask the man, curious of 'he' is. The man perks up at my words, he looks up at me with a bit of hope in his eyes.

"Destroyer of demons...so you kill demons?" The man asks, I nodded.

"Have- Do you know a Tomioka? Tomioka Giyuu"

I stood there frozen, Tomioka? He knows Tomioka Giyuu?

The man notices I froze up, "By your reaction, you do know him?" I quickly recover from my shock and nod.

•I think we all know who  the man is 😅•