Ch.11

Shinazugawa Pov
I woke up to the bright blinding light, groaning I turned to my side and buried my head in my pillow. Slowly falling asleep again, an image of Tomioka popped in my mind, my eyes immediately shot open.

Remembering my plans I quickly got up and changed, I headed for my door and quickly ran out. I was worried I was gonna miss the train, Tomiokas hometown was quite far from here.

Once I arrived at the train station I realized I got there 15 minutes early, I had originally planned on being early but not this early. I sighed and decided to look around the place, I saw a small ohagi shop nearby I obviously got some of the ohagi.

I sat down on a bench eating the ohagi, it tasted good for so cheap. Once I finished I still had about 8 minutes till the train came, I got up and walked around for a few minutes.

I walked back to the train station after 6 minutes, not wanting to accidentally miss the train. A few minutes passed and I was on the train heading to Tomiokas hometown, it was about a 30 minute ride.

I rested my head on the train window and promptly fell asleep.
———————-———• • • —————————-
After 25 minutes
I woke up to the train horn, about 5 minutes until I arrive at my destination. I wiped my tired eyes, and stared off into nothingness. After about 5 minutes passed I was off the train I didn't know exactly how I was gonna find out about Tomiokas past, but it's fine.

I walked around the town looking at all the lights, I stopped by a food stall and got some water. While I was walking around I overheard some people talking.

"Did you hear about the guy? The one who murdered his sister?" This caught my interest, I thought this might have either been a horrible rumor or a demon attack.

"The one who went missing 8 years ago?" The other girl said.
"Yeah! Apparently he was spotted nearby here, just a few weeks ago."
"He's planning to kill us! He's mad for what happened 8 years ago!"

8 years ago? That's about the time Tomioka was 13, murdered his sister? I might be overthinking this but, this could be about Tomioka.

I got up and went to the two girls. "Hello." I said, trying to sound gentle. I saw one of the girls flinch a bit, she was pretty short probably around Kochos height?

She had light brown eyes, and beautiful long black hair fading into green. The other girl was about Kanrojis height, maybe taller? She had thick brown hair, put into a messy half bun.

"H-hi" said the shorter girl. "Can you tell me about the guy who 'murdered' his sister?" I asked. The girl seemed to have calmed a bit, the taller girl spoke up. "Oh- uh sure, I guess"

She sounded unsure, but I shrugged it off. I guess I probably do look a bit intimidating with all of my scars. "W-well..." The shorter girl started.

"About 8 years ago there was this kid, he lived with his older sister. His parents had died due to an illness, but people think he poisoned them. His elder sisters name was- uhm"

"Tsutako" The taller girl responded. "Tsutako, his sister was very beautiful, she was going to get married. But on her wedding day she was killed, her brother-" The taller girl looked up, as if she was trying to remember something.

"Her brother had long black hair and dark blue eyes, is all I really remember about him" said the tall girl. I froze in place, long black hair? Blue eyes?

This was definitely Tomioka! I stumbled back a bit, but quickly recovered. "Are you okay?" Said the shorter girl, she sounded more concerned than scared this time.

"Uh- yes im fine, please do continue" I said, trying not to scare them off.

"Okay..." Said the shorter girl, she sounded uncertain but continued on.

"Well, the girl's brother said a demon killed his sister, he wouldn't stop ranting on about how a demon came and ate his sister's organs and limbs."

A demon? Of course a demon came! So a demon killed his sister, and no one believed him, and on her wedding day. I felt a deep feeling of pity for Tomioka, I wish I had known about him sooner, then I wouldn't have said those cruel things...

"Hah!" I said yanking Tomiokas haori away from his hands. "Shinazugawa, p-please give it back" Tomiokas voice was trembling, but I didn't care. "Why's is it so important to ya?" I asked in a mocking voice. "Did ya kill somebody for it?" I said in that same mocking voice, dangling the haori around.

That was two years ago, I've apologized since then, but now that guilt was eating me up more than ever. "Thanks" Was all I said to the two girls before walking away.

I sat down in an alley way, making sure nobody could see me. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs, I buried my head in my knees.

I felt horrible, had I really been that mean? I didn't mean what I said before, but if I knew what it meant to Tomioka...No, I shouldn't have said all the things I said to him before. I would take it all back if I could...