🧿Chapter Eight🧿

It was Zoey and Bella's birthday, and Charlie had Emily and the pack do a surprise birthday party down the reservation for Zoey since Zoey is now 10 and he wanted to make her birthday special.

"Morning Zoey," Charlie whispers, stroking Zoey's sleepy head.

"Morning Charlie," Zoey murmurs

"I'm ten now," Zoey says with a smile

"I know, shall we have pancakes and milkshakes at Cora's diner and then go to Seattle and get loads of toys and presents for yourself, then we'll go see Jared and them down the reservation?" Charlie asks with a grin.

"Yeah!" Zoey squeals happily.

Charlie lifts Zoey out of bed and lets her get ready.

"Is Jared coming too?" Zoey asks

"Does he make you feel safe?" Charlie asks gently.

"Yeah, you and he make me feel safe, Charlie," Zoey smiles.

"Want him to come with us to the diner, or do you want to see him down the reservation with everyone else?" Charlie asks with a smile.

"Come to the diner, please?" Zoey asks shyly.

"Okay, I'll call him. Do you want Bella to come?" Charlie asks gently.

"No! She'll bring Edward. I don't like her or him," Zoey shakes her head.

"Okay, sweetie, let's get Jared to come with us," Charlie smiles.

Zoey smiles brightly at this and nods happily. They head downstairs, and Charlie calls Sam, who answers;

"Hello?" Sam says.

"Hi Sam, Zoey wants to talk to you," Charlie says passing the phone to Zoey.

"Hi Sam," Zoey says.

"Hey Zoe, ready to come see us later?" Sam asked.

"Uh-huh, can I speak to Jared, please?" Zoeyy asked sweetly.

"Sure, Jared!" Sam shouts through the phone.

"Hello?" Jared asked.

"Hi, Jared!" Zoey squeals

"Hey, monkey, what's wrong?" Jared asked

"Can you come to Charlie's and go to the diner with me and him?" Zoey asks shyly.

"Of course, give me fifteen minutes, and I'll be there, monkey," Jared says.

"Okay," Zoey says.

They hang the phones up, and Charlie gets Zoey dressed up, and ready for her party. Fifteen minutes later Jared arrived on his motorbike. He sounds his horn to let Charlie and Zoey that he has arrived.

Zoey runs outside and Jared kneels on the ground and hugs Zoey as she hugs him.

"Hey monkey, I got your present but it's down Emily's house so we'll go down there later is that okay?" Jared asked with a smile.

"Yeah," Zoey nods.

"Ready to go you two?" Charlie smiles.

"Uh-huh," Zoey nods.

"Wait!" Bella shouts.

Zoey tensed up and gripped Jared's hand and he pushed her gently behind him.

"Here are your presents from me and the Cullens, Alice wants me to bring you over to see them soon," Bella says handing over Zoey's presents.

"I'm not going there," Zoey says taking the presents.

"I don't want to go near them," Zoey says as Jared picks her up