❄️Chapter One❄️

Charlie was at home with Zoey who had been there for a couple of weeks and had been attending school but she wasn't enjoying it and wasn't comfortable with the school so Charlie pulled her out and started homeschooling her instead.

Charlie doesn't know how to help Zoey talk so he hopes that a trip to the reservation to see Billy, Harry, and their kids and Sam Uley and his two friends will help her express herself.

"Hey, Zoey how would you feel about meeting some of the reservation children and my friends?" Charlie asked gently.

"Will they hurt me?" Zoeyy asks nervously.

"No definitely won't, I promise." Charlie smiles.

Charlie drives down to Billy Black's home and sees Billy and his son Jacob standing there as no one else is there yet.

"Hiya Billy, Jake. This is Zoey Dywer. Zoey this is Jake and Billy." Charlie introduces the three to one another.

"Hello," Zoey responds shyly. Jake jogs over and kneels in front of Zoey. Zoey hides behind Charlie and keeps her face hidden.

"Hello I'm Jake, would you like to come and draw with me till my friends come?" Jake smiles.

Zoey looks up at Charlie who nods in confirmation that it's right and that Jake is safe to be around.

"I'd like that." Zoey shyly nods. Zoey takes Jake's outstretched hand and they go into Billy's House.

She begins to draw just as Sam, Jared, and Paul arrive. Billy stops them in their tracks.

"Charlie here with Zoey his ex-wife and her new husband's daughter who is nine. She doesn't talk much, she has slight autism and ADHD so don't spook her be sensitive with her," Billy warns them.

"Charlie said she saw something five years ago and hasn't spoken much since then and has been screaming. Jake with her now drawing so tread lightly with her okay?" Billy tells them.

All three nod and enter the house. Sam approached Zoey first who was drawing on the wall next to Jake. "Hello, I'm Sam, it's nice to meet you, Zoey," Sam says gently.

Zoey turns to see Sam by her side. "Hi," Zoey says ever so quietly. Paul approached next."I'm Paul it's nice to meet you, Zoey." Paul smiles."Hello," Zoey says quietly.

Jared approached once Paul and Sam moved away."Hello," Jared says. Zoey looked next to her to see Jared by her side and both froze on the spot.

Jared saw his future with Zoey and knew he would be whatever she wanted him to be a friend, a brother, a lover, or a protector.

"I'm Jared." Jared smiles at Zoey."I'm Zoey." Zoey smiles for the first time."Can I draw with you?" Jared says sitting by her. Zoey nods."Sure, here you go," Zoey says passing a pencil over. Jared and Zoey began to draw side by side. Whilst Sam pulls Billy to the side.

"He imprinted on her so what can we do to make sure their bond doesn't get affected? I know Charlie isn't gonna let us have Zoey just like that. He won't be able to see her will he?" Sam asked.

"Maybe he will as she doesn't talk much as she doesn't do well with people. So maybe if I suggest you guys have her to see if that brings her out of her shell and you find out what it is she saw when she was four then she and Jared will be able to see each other without their bonds being tested." Billy answers.

Sam nods as Emily joins them at Billy's home.

"Hiya Emily." Charlie greets her.

"Zoey!" Charlie calls Zoey to gain her attention.

Zoey turns around to see a lady with facial scars on her face looking at her next to Charlie.

"Come and meet Emily," Charlie says with a smile.