Recieving Flowers

3 Months Ago

HAYLIE POV

      The girls and I are relaxing in a mud bath, drinking some champagne. We are just gossiping and teasing each other when a worker walks in with a beautiful bouquet. “Haylie Donahue?” she asks. “That’s me,” I respond raising my hand. She places the bouquet next to me and asks, “Would you like me to read you the card?” “Yes, I would very much appreciate that. I can't do it for myself right now,” I answer giggling. Champagne is hitting me hard. “Kitten, I know I have fucked up with you more than once. I want to make things right and I hope this is a good start. Love, Ink” she reads. Some of the girls ooh and ah. Ivy makes a snort sound, I turn to look at her confused and shocked. “Next time I Gibbs slap him, remind me to do it harder. Yellow flowers symbolize friendship. I don't think that is the message he was trying to send,” she explains. All of the girls laugh, even me after I finish blushing. “You are probably right. I don't think that was the intended message,” I laugh.

        We slowly get back to gossiping when CeeCee asks, “What is going on with you and Ink?” I sigh and respond, “We are co-parenting. He is making up time with his kids and I am drowning in guilt from denying that for so long. Other than that,  I am not sure.” “You want more though, don't you?” she demands. “I thought I did. He shut that door. Now, I am not so sure. I can not risk my heart again,” I acknowledge. They all drop the subject after that. We enjoyed the rest of the day and a nice dinner. After we separated for the evening, I had the best dream ever. Ink, the kidlets, and me, a family complete with a new baby boy.

      This morning’s breakfast was amazing. The spa has the best Belgium waffles and fresh fruit. Mostly we have spent the day light-heartedly teasing Pixie about her secret crush. She has managed to keep her lips sealed. We do know he is a member but that's it. I have my bets on who it is, she blushes when his name is mentioned. I am not sure the others noticed, she hides it well.

      We had finished lunch and some mimosas, and just started our facials when the same worker from yesterday walked in with another bouquet. This time it is daisies. “Ooh, he got it right this time. Daisy signifies a new start,” Pixie sighs happily. When she notices some of the ladies staring at her in shock, she asks, “What? I can know things too.” I laugh till I have tears rolling. “Miss Donahue, would you like me to read the card for you again?” the worker asks. The girls all yell,  “Yes” so I sigh and nod. So she reads, “Kitten, No matter our past, we both have a new beginning. Not just a new beginning for ourselves but for us too. Forever Yours, Ink.” Once again all I could hear was sighs and oohs and ahs. I blush and can not stop thinking about the possibilities. I know it has to upset the girls how uninvolved I am the rest of the day. I just couldn’t stay out of my head. I have the same dream again overnight.

     With this being our last day here, we make sure to enjoy our breakfast. Grams loves it since she didn’t cook it. We have appointments for manicures and pedicures before going home. We joke and laugh through breakfast but you can tell most of us are excited to get home to our kids. I know I miss my kidlets horribly. 

    They call us for our appointments. We continue our joking and laughing as we enter. We had only begun our appointment when the worker who I now know is named Susan enters. She is holding another bouquet. This time it is calla lilies. I tell her before she can ask, “Please go ahead and read the card.” She smiles and reads, “Kitten,  I am sending beautiful flowers for my beautiful girl. They symbolize that I am yours. Will you be mine? Love, Ink.” That is all it took for the rest of the walls around my heart to crumble. I don't hear the girl’s response as I am too busy picking up my phone to respond to his question. I pull up his name and send, “I am yours. Let's give this a go. You have my heart in your hands and always have. Please don't shatter it more than it is. Your love and the kidlets have healed it but it is still fragile.” I smile at his response. “My beautiful Kitten,  I will protect your heart and love with all I can. I will never hurt you again since it would kill me just as much as you. Don't worry about the past shattered pieces,  I am an expert with tape and glue. I can't wait to see you. Hurry home to me and our kidlets. I love you.” I send, “I love you too. I will see you soon.”