Setting Up The Party

6 Months Ago

INK POV

     The last three months with my kids have been great. Haylie has let them see me every single day. They spent two weeks at the clubhouse while we handled Alejandro but even after they left Haylie encouraged a relationship with the kids. Sometimes it is as simple as a meal together. Others it is helping with baths and bedtime stories. I love it. Haylie says I have taken to fatherhood like a duck to water. I can still see the regret in her eyes about keeping them from me.

      My kids are beautiful just like their momma. It has been a blast learning about their quirks and personalities. Layke is the perfect mixture of tomboy and princess. She loves to dress up in pretty dresses but watch her because she will also climb trees and mud wrestle in them. Laila is a total girly girl. She loves pink, unicorns, drawing, and being a princess. Don't let that fool you, she can throw a punch like a man. They all take dance and martial arts. Lucas is a born protector. He watches everything and everyone. Nobody messes with his sisters. He loves motorcycles, baseball, football,  and wrestling in the mud. They look more like their mom but act like me.

      Their breakfast choices are just as unique. Layke likes toast with butter and applesauce. Lucas likes pancakes with just peanut butter on them. Laila wants eggs with jelly. That’s why when they demand they want a nickname like mine and Mommy's nicknames, I started to call Lucas Peanut, Layke Butter,  and Laila Jelly. Today the club is having a birthday party for them.  I got each of them a kutte with their names among a lot of other things. Hey, I have years to make up for. So does the club and if the present table is any indication,  we are all trying to let them know they are loved. Now we just are waiting for the guests of honors to show up with their mom. I still want to make us a real family but making things work with Haylie has been put on the back burner,  so I can focus on my kids for now.