Chapter 28 - The Endless Dream

WARNING: CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS REGARDING THE SUMERU (ARCHON QUEST CHAPTER 3) STORY LINE. READ AT YOU OWN RISK.

Also, if you want to know more about the Six Darshans of the Akademiya, you can copy and paste this link into your browser:
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Sumeru_Akademiya#Structure

Okay, that's all. Enjoy the chapter!

Inside the Akademiya, with the Grand Sage, Scaramouche, and Dottore, general POV
...
The Akademiya. Center of Sumeru government and a prestigious institute for the most studious and bright in Tevyat. Six schools, or Darshans, each for a different type of "wisdom".

Haravatat, studying semiotics. Their focus is on different forms of communications, such as ancient runes and linguistics.

Vahumana, studying etiology. Vahumana students study and research the reason behind phenomena such as the fall of Khaenri'ah, which places importance on history and the social sciences.

Spantamad, studying elementalism and related subjects such as Ley Lines and alchemy. In Spantamad, learning to understand and manipulate the elements is key to success.

Rtawahist, studying illuminationism. Their focus is on astrology and other star studies.

Kshahrewar, studying technology. This Darshan focuses on architecture and honing technological and technical skills as well as problem-solving skills.

Amurta, studying biology. Students in the school are educated on ecology and other similar branches.

All of them make up the Akademiya, and the institute is the most reputable symbol of the most important value in Sumeru: wisdom. However, wisdom can mean a great many things. To the Six Great Sages and most citizens, attaining wisdom is the only way to success and enlightenment.

But is that true?

There are only a few who doubt that, and Il Dottore, Number 2 of the Fatui Harbingers, is one of them. He believes that wisdom can never be attained, and as such, people must always study and push themselves to learn and find their way. However, he pushes his definition of wisdom onto others, much like the Grand Sage and his subordinates.

Perhaps this is the only reason why negotiations went well.

"Why should we agree to your terms? What would we get out of this exchange?" the Sage inquires, folding his hands authoritatively in front of him.

The Doctor smiles and replies, "It's very simple. You believe that Lesser Lord Kusanali is not fit to be Sumeru's archon, unlike her predecessor who gave her all for Sumeru and wisdom. I think the same. What could such a measly, child-like 'god' do for Sumeru? What has she even done so far, other than lurk in the shadows and simply watch her people? Therefore, if you agree to these terms, not only will you get a new, responsible god capable of taking on the proper archon duties, but you will also be rid of Kusanali. Isn't that what you want?"

"Oh, it's much deeper than that. But I don't expect an outsider to understand so I won't waste my breath. One last question." The Grand Mage looks Dottore straight in the eye, voice very serious, causing the two harbingers to involuntarily stiffen.

"How can I be sure you both will keep your end of the deal? If I give you the Dendro Gnosis, how can I be certain you will not snatch it and run away? You Fatui have a notorious reputation for lies, chaos, and manipulation. I will not tarnish my or the Akademiya's reputation without a complete guarantee from both of you that you will follow through. A contract cannot be broken, as they believe in Liyue. Me and my co-workers think the same."

Scaramouche cuts in after this remark. "Sir, I guarantee you that I, though I cannot speak for my partner here, will hold my end of the deal. I will comply with the experiment merely due to a private agreement I've made and respect towards my superior and your wishes." This is killing the navy-haired harbinger inside and out but it's the script he decided on and he will stick to it for Y/N's sake.